mechanism about save and cancel save

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sky_cuson

sky_cuson

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

I control Maester Wendamyr and one To Be a Kraken in my hand. My opponent control two char A and B , both are with duplicate. Now I reveal Valar Morghulis ,my opponent reveal a plot with higher initiative, can I save my Maester and cancel his saving char B? If so , how to do? And can my opponent prevent it? 

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

You can do that (provided you have a Military Battle plot in your used pile). Your opponent can cancel your To Be a Kraken and you can cancel his cancel (and so on).

#3 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I control Maester Wendamyr and one To Be a Kraken in my hand. My opponent control two char A and B , both are with duplicate. Now I reveal Valar Morghulis ,my opponent reveal a plot with higher initiative, can I save my Maester and cancel his saving char B? If so , how to do? And can my opponent prevent it? 

I'd like to clarify the scenario here;

First, the opponent (with higher initiative) has to choose the first player. This is important.

-Let's say he chooses himself.

Then, because we're in a framework action, the first player has the first save/cancel response.

-So he will "save" one of his characters using a duplicate. At this point, there's nothing you can do because To be a kraken requires a kneeling character, and you don't have any.

Then, the player to the first player's left gets a save/cancel response.

-You save your wendamyr, kneeling him to save himself. Even if you had a learned character or influence to stand him, you choose not to.

Then, the player to that player's left gets a save/cancel response (in this case, back to the first player).

-He chooses to save character number 2. You choose to cancel that save, paying the cost of "standing" wendamyr.

End result, You have a standing wendamyr, he has a single un-duped survivor. 

At any of these save/cancel responses, a player could pass (choosing to wait to use his save) or something similar.

Edited by -Istaril, 06 November 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#4 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

So it depends on how the player action windows go. If they have more than one save, probably. If they have only one save, it depends on if they save before you have a knelt character.

If they have first action and save a character, you likely will not meet the cost of standing a knelt character. If you do have a knelt character and a Military Battle in your used pile you can do it.

If you have first action and save someone with Wendamyr, then they take second action and attempt to save someone, you can cancel that save by standing Wendamyr.

#5 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

It gets better:

You have Character X and Wendamyr.

He has dupes on Characters A and B.

You reveal Valar, he reveals a plot which isn't relevant. He wins initiative and chooses himself as first player.

All within the same Save/Cancel window:

1. He discards a dupe to save A.
  2. You kneel Wendamyr to save himself.
  3. He discards a dupe to save B.
    1. You stand Wendamyr with To Be a Kraken to cancel B's save
  4. You kneel Wendamyr to save X

End result, he's got A, you've got X and Wendamyr.

• mdc273 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS