Hi, I'm quite new to the game, and I think I got all the rules right. Only the combat phase leaves some question marks.
Here's what I read from the rules:
1. Attacker declares target - clear
2. Roll attack dice - also clear
3. Modify attack dice - ok here starts the fun stuff. The rules state that if both sides want to modify the result then the defender have to go first. So if I have Sensor jammer for example I have to decide if I want to use it, and then the attacker can choose to use an available focus token to change it back to an hit. Now what about abilities like "Elusiveness"? Let's say the attacker rolls his attack and scores no hits. I don't want him to reroll anything of course. Let's assume he attacks with a concussion missile that allows him to change one blank into an hit, or what if he rolled no hits but a single focus and he still has his focus token? Once I passed as defender and decided not to use "elusiveness" (or similar abilities/effects) I'm settled with that decision, right? I can't come back and have him reroll after he modified the result?!
Just want to make sure. "Elusiveness" is not very good for what it costs with that procedure
4. Roll defense dice - clear
5. Modify defense dice - mostly same procedure/rule as with attack dice, only that attacker goes first now
6. Compare results - clear
7. Deal damage - clear
What about Han's ability that states that he may reroll at any time (even during step 5 - 6)?