• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, wait until you get the "Blurred Vision" Injury... ;)

I think it's "Double Vision" (I guess you're referring to the one not allowing you to pick up clue tokens from the board, right?)

"Amnesia" is another one you wouldn't be so happy to draw...

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#42 Lee418

Lee418

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I see what you mean. Both cards look nasty. But I guess it makes the selection of "cannon fodder" easier when someone has to go and attack the Dunwich Horror. :lol:

#43 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Exactly. Still, you have other ways to seal even when afflicted by these two.

Finally: the Horror. Don't be afraid of it, it's actually a lot easier that it seems. Just bless the happy winner of the competition "who's the butcher today", be sure he has some clues to spend and voilà, 10 dice are enough to do the job, and you gain a wonderful free item :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#44 Lee418

Lee418

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

Only 10 dice! :o  

Rolls.....1....... 2...... 1....... 1...... 3...... 1........ 2....... 4......... 1....... 1........ :lol:

• Julia likes this

#45 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Go with 13 dice, sorry (I was considering the number of dice you have to roll after deducting the modifier... before the modifier is applied, it's clearly 13)

#46 Lee418

Lee418

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

Miskatonic has arrived. :)  Julia, I know you've previously warned me about the Miskatonic Mythos deck, but I assume it's ok to go ahead and shuffle in the new Dunwich Horror, Injury and Madness cards?

#47 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Happy you got the expansion! Congrats!

As for your question... Injuries and Madnesses from MH are *nasty*. I'd leave those out for now. As for the DH cards... not a great experience here... since I added Miskatonic, I think I had the Horror in play twice in 58 games... (and nope, I never read the cards out of play I believe it spoils the fun), so, I can't really give you an answer. My advice is: leave MH in the box. It'd be like re-discovering Arkham ex novo. But really it's up to you!

• Lee418 likes this

#48 Lee418

Lee418

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

OK. Thanks for the advice Julia. :)

I've just been reading the Dunwich Horror Herald sheet. It looks even worse than the Black Goat of the Woods! :o  

#49 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Not a nice guy to invite for supper, agreed :)

• The Professor likes this

#50 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I hear his twin brother is a nice guy to have at your book club meetings though! 8D

• The Professor and Julia like this

#51 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

Julia,

Did you actually write this?: "Finally: the Horror. Don't be afraid of it, it's actually a lot easier that it seems."

You have a great sense of humor, my friend... :lol:

Seriously, though...five successes does look worse than anything else you're up against in this game.

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#52 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Having three 7-toughness cultists frozing the main board during Avi's League, forcing to end movement everytime you enter an adjacent location / stree area (that scenario, and another one where you have the DH roaming the streets of the main board as a fast stalker that cannot be removed from the game) was something that made me consider the "normal" DH nothing but a sweet pet to cuddle with in the cold winter evenings after a rough day...

Actually, I'm always somehow happy when the DH is in town. As said, it's no real biggie to kill, and it's a free ES (that for me reads -1 doomer & 1 free seal: enough for winning the game). If you have a couple of good weapons, some spare clues and a Blessing, it's worth the challenge. Clearly, sometimes you just get crushed

Edited by Julia, 13 November 2013 - 06:33 AM.

• The Professor likes this

#53 CrusherJoe

CrusherJoe

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

My dreams of using the time bomb on the DH have been dashed... DASHED I tell you.  :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS