House rules.... (As seen on Youtube)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 JorduSpeaks

JorduSpeaks

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

It's not a stand up action.  The heroes regain the health during setup of the encounter.

#22 Dirk Swanepoel

Dirk Swanepoel

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

It's not a stand up action.  The heroes regain the health during setup of the encounter.

Will check this, as far as I know only fatigue. It will be great because then we still stand a chance.

#23 griton

griton

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

2) Heroes never begin an encounter knocked out.  If they are knocked out at the end of the first encounter, they start encounter 2 with damage regained equal to the hearts rolled on two red dice and zero fatigue.

I'm not sure if you're using an edition based in a different language or not, but that's not what the rulebook says (emphasis mine):

When players transition from one encounter of a quest to another, they perform the following steps:

Any knocked out heroes MAY perform a stand up action for free.

Players disassemble the map for Encounter 1 and refer to the Quest Guide in order to set up the map for Encounter 2. 

1. It doesn't happen during Encounter setup, it's after Encounter 1 ends and before the setup of Encounter 2.

2. Heroes are not required to perform a stand up action. If they feel that the specific quest rules mean that starting out with a weak hero will be detrimental, (such as if the Overlord gets to go first), they can opt to keep that hero knocked out until the other heroes can clear the room, they may opt to do so.

#24 JorduSpeaks

JorduSpeaks

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

The relevant passage is the bulleted text on page 18 of the rulebook.  As griton correctly points out, before the setup of the second encounter, any knocked out heroes may perform a stand up action for free.  Therefore, the players who engage in such an action do not lose their first turn.  Additionally, all players recover all fatigue before setup of the second encounter.

#25 Dirk Swanepoel

Dirk Swanepoel

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

The relevant passage is the bulleted text on page 18 of the rulebook.  As griton correctly points out, before the setup of the second encounter, any knocked out heroes may perform a stand up action for free.  Therefore, the players who engage in such an action do not lose their first turn.  Additionally, all players recover all fatigue before setup of the second encounter.

Thanks, it's clear now. In this game the smallest thing can be fatal to either side.

#26 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

There may not be any actual rules about conceding an encounter, but if everyone at the table agrees that the conclusion of an encounter/quest is foregone, I don't see why you should feel like you HAVE to play it out.

The problem with this is that there's so many factors that enter play in the transition from Encounter I to Encounter II (and even between quests). If the heroes have the option to concede, they may strategically choose to take it to prevent the Overlord from drawing up more cards.

I did say "everyone at the table." Perhaps it wasn't clear, but I was including the Overlord player in the decision. If the heroes don't want to continue and the Overlord feels he can reasonably milk the encounter for 6 more cards before ending it, then he just draws 6 cards as part of the concession. As long as everyone agrees as to the final outcome, just skip to it and move on.

Edited by Steve-O, 12 November 2013 - 06:06 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS