Best Craftsmanship Jovian Pattern Landing Bays

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sebastian Yorke

Sebastian Yorke

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

So, besides the decreased power requirements and the possible gold ornamentation. What do you think having a Best Craftsmanship Landing Bay mean?

Maybe more squadrons could be launched at once?

Increased craft rating due to improvement maintenance?

+1 Strenght? (I am trying to convince myself out of possibly giving an OP salvageable carrier - at the cost of some lives - to the players with 4x Strength 3 landing bays)

RT Wannabe Shipwright & Frustrated GM

#2 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

My first response would be no - the quality of the bay is reflected in power efficiency, but doesn't directly affect the craft launched from it.

That said, a 'better' bay should lead to slightly better maintenance, so I could see a small bonus to craft quality rating. Anything more than that...not in the timescale of a single engagement.

#3 Tygre

Tygre

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Not to mention more efficient in space management, hence the -1 space modifier for Best Craftsmanship.  I see it as the equipment to launch the attack craft is less bulky and takes less space so they can be packed more tightly.

#4 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I like to pretend that the space modifier for Best Craftsmanship comes from STC printouts implying that maybe the best way to construct a structure is to not devote 75% of it to cherub statues, devotional candle holder and skulls.

Edited by Erathia, 11 November 2013 - 07:24 PM.

• Nameless2all, Vandegraffe and Annaamarth like this

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#5 RogalDorn01

RogalDorn01

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

I like to pretend that the space modifier for Best Craftsmanship comes from STC printouts implying that maybe the best way to construct a structure is to not devote 75% of it to cherub statues, devotional candle holder and skulls.

HERESY!!!

• Tenebrae and Marwynn like this

"And now...witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational invisible doggy fence..."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS