• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vanadio

Vanadio

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

Hi all,
I would like to start playing this awesome game and I'm here to ask you some advice for my first order, given these drivers:

1) Being able to play a 100 points list for Rebels and a 100 pts list for Imperial. I will be the only owner of the game in the group, so my opponent will play with my pieces and cards. I want to be able to play the two different affiliations against each other. I don't like Imperial vs Imperial.
2) Iconic units like the Falcon are a bonus :)
3) The lists must be as balanced as possible :)
4) Units that are plain and simple "good" (or that gives good cards) for future use should have priority
5) I won't use proxy cards, so the cards I will have are those coming from what I buy. Consider this in the lists.
6) Although the swarm thing of 8 TIE fighters is very "strong", I would prefer to have a list with different units, to appreciate the unique feel of each of them.
7) If you think I can start enjoying all the above with less than 100 pts, it's good.

Thank you sooooo much!!!

#2 goat

goat

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Just buy 1 of everything.  If you're not restricted by $$$ than buy 2 of everything.  You'll be able to make any list you wish minus tie swarm.  Lists that spam a unit are not your priority so that seems like a good route.

Edited by goat, 04 November 2013 - 07:05 AM.

Empire: (TIE Fighter: 5)  (TIE Bomber: 3)  (TIE Interceptor: 2)  (TIE Advanced: 2)  (Firespray-31: 2)  (Lambda-class Shuttle: 2) 

Rebel:  (X-Wing: 3)  (B-Wing: 2)  (Y-Wing: 2)  (A-Wing: 1)  (YT-1300: 1)  (HWK-290: 1)

#3 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

2 starter boxes - to get enough Dice (3 is never enough)

Falcon - Because it's excellent to give to new players.

Firespray - It's great fun and a nice counterpoint to the Falcon.

You can make fairly decent Imperial and Rebel lists at 100pt with what you have there.

I would probably pick up an extra Tie and X-Wing at some point for Wedge and Howlrunner.

Then you can just add to that what you fancy. I love a couple of Interceptors myself for the imperials (though if you are planning to run them you may want a couple of A-Wings for Push the Limit, or to wait for the Imp Aces box which has 2 PtL as standard, though even then you will probably want 1 normal pack of Interceptors for Soontir), and I'm really liking B-Wings for Rebels.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind, 04 November 2013 - 07:21 AM.

• DraconPyrothayan and Vanadio like this

#4 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

2 starter boxes - to get enough Dice (3 is never enough)

Falcon - Because it's excellent to give to new players.

Firespray - It's great fun and a nice counterpoint to the Falcon.

You can make fairly decent Imperial and Rebel lists at 100pt with what you have there.

I would probably pick up an extra Tie and X-Wing at some point for Wedge and Howlrunner.

Then you can just add to that what you fancy. I love a couple of Interceptors myself for the imperials (though if you are planning to run them you may want a couple of A-Wings for Push the Limit, or to wait for the Imp Aces box which has 2 PtL as standard, though even then you will probably want 1 normal pack of Interceptors for Soontir), and I'm really liking B-Wings for Rebels.

This is pretty much exactly the advice I'd give. 2 starter kits + a third ship of any sort gives you strong Rebel fleets at 100 points, and 2 starter kits + a Large ship for the Imperials will do so as well.

Use Squad-builders and Proxies until you actually have the upgrades you need. Buy the ships for the ships, not for the upgrades that come with them.

• Vanadio likes this

#5 Vanadio

Vanadio

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Thank you guys.

I bought 2xCore 1xFalcon 1xSlave
  • DraconPyrothayan likes this

#6 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

I bought 2xCore 1xFalcon 1xSlave

That's a great starting point. Can have a ton of fun with what you have.

After that, I'd pick up 1 or 2 of the rebel fighters. 1-2 Y's, B's, A's. You should pick up 1 more X-Wing just for the sake of Wedge and 1 HWK. Myself I own 4 of each rebel fighter, but that was paid for by selling off my 40k army and birthday money.

For Imp's, 1 more Tie Fighter for Holwrunner. 1 Tie Advanced for Vader. I'd recomend 1-2 Interceptors, but no more then that. Imperial Aces is coming out soonish, and is a good deal with some really cool pilots. Then 1-2 Bombers.

I'd skip the shuttle for now.

Then once you have that all, and have had a number of games under your belt, you can add more stuff as you see fit. Figure out what ships you like and add more of those.

Edited by VanorDM, 04 November 2013 - 09:23 AM.

• Vanadio likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS