I shouldn't be watching Battlestar Galactica

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sebastian Yorke

Sebastian Yorke

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

I really shouldn't be watching Battlestar Galactica again - now I am about to let my players salvage a huge (yet very old and damaged) carrier and convince one of them to roll a small-craft focused Void Master.

Just needed to share this with someone.

DAMN that series is awesome

Ps.: Brig, Resolution Arena, Flak Turrets, Pilot Chambers, Small Craft Repair docks, Flight Bridge, what else makes a battlestar (I know even the smallest of raiders are larger than a BS, but anyway, what else makes for a battlestar)?

Edited by Sebastian Yorke, 04 November 2013 - 06:32 AM.

RT Wannabe Shipwright & Frustrated GM

#2 htsmithium

htsmithium

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

no lances, seems to be macrocannons all the way. I'd go with crew-clan quarters ( do too all the families aboard), crew rating of at least 40, if not 50-this also depends on when in the series you base the ship. vessel of the fleet background (2SP),

To be honest this should probably be based on a light cruiser hull to get the same sort of feel as the show and still allow port and starboard flight decks, and two dorsal mounts? can't remember if it had forward guns of if that was Pegasus.  

if you are picking machine sprit oddities/ past histories I would go with- resolute or ancient and wise/ wrested from a space hulk as these seem to fit the general feel of the show. other than that it was a frontline combat ship- as far as I know the BSG universe did not have separate carrier/battleships so the generic basic components would seem to work. 

oh and several atomics...lol.

ding dong mala mortuus est,

quem veteres strigam

impii strigam

ding dong impiorum strigam mortuus est.

#3 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Perhaps you'll have to give them an advanced AI race to fight as well (maybe one a bit more interesting than necrons, "Frackin' Necrons!"). Maybe one created by an alien reptilian race (first show), the old ones perhaps?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS