• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'm halfway through. Starts slow until the writer meets skarsnik. There are a couple more typical fantasy-battles reenactments (yawn for me..but some like them).  Otherwise it's been a fascinating read for content for my wfrp games.

Fun background info for greenskins and their (and squig and orc) origination from fungus.

I didnt know that skaven ate warpstone.  Is that a common thing in the skaven novels?

Since FFG isn't up to anything with this game anymore, I thought I'd get started on some novels.  Is the Plague series any good?  (Dead Winter, Blighted empire, etc.)

jh

51FxY0MwRFL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Emirikol, 03 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#2 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Skaven eating warpstone is common enough after WFRP2. It stupid idea though. It use to be super rare, now it's the currency (and snack) of Skaven.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#3 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

They hunt that stuff down, they even got someone to kill Nagash once just so could steal his supply of warpstone.

You have to know that when they eat it its a flake, its not a rock they are eating, so that rock is worth like 40 flakes. I think.

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Their spellcasters eat it but of course think of it like "snorting cocaine in order to cast spells" etc.

#5 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, its not something every skaven eats. Its more like "mana potions" for skaven casters.

By the way, if you have not read them, I would reccomend the Blackhearts novels. They are written more like a WFRP partys adventures.

Edited by Ralzar, 04 November 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

Cool artwork:

1365797211122.jpg

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

and another one

1334527366946.jpg

#8 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeah skaven eating and sniffing warpstone powder is common in the Gotrek & Felix books too. I haven't read a lot of WFRP litterature, but I've read the first and the second G&F omnibus. It's pulp, but I kinda like it, just because it's in the warhammer setting. There's an audio play of sorts about a witch hunter named Ludlov that is alright too. Bloodborn should be good too (it's about Ulrika from G&F as a vampire) - but haven't read it yet. I believe there is a with hunter series too, but can't remember its name now.

http://en.wikipedia...._Fantasy_novels

Edited by Gallows, 15 November 2013 - 03:16 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS