How many sessions have you played?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

The game's been out for a couple of months now and i'm curious to know how often we've all played it. My group has gathered 15 times averaged about 3 hours per session, so we have probably anywhere from 42-45 hours, just guesstimating.

How about you guys?

#2 PrettyHaley

PrettyHaley

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

We're supposed to play once a week but a regular schedule is hard to keep. My GM is a surgeon and several of the players are school athletes or have other things happening. When we do have a session, it's 3 or more hours most of the time but one session was only one hour (rather than skipping a week) and one session was (omg) 6 hours!!!! That was the last one before school started up...

- Haley

#3 Gambin

Gambin

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Just the three so far. All roughly four hours long but that was just the adventure in the back of the book.

#4 Thaliak

Thaliak

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Zero. But I'm working on it.

#5 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

We're supposed to play once a week but a regular schedule is hard to keep. My GM is a surgeon and several of the players are school athletes or have other things happening. When we do have a session, it's 3 or more hours most of the time but one session was only one hour (rather than skipping a week) and one session was (omg) 6 hours!!!! That was the last one before school started up...

A surgeon and school athletes? That's one of the more unusual groups I've heard of.

#6 ColonelCrow

ColonelCrow

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

One of our players is a surgeon (and he's playing a doctor in the game). Then we have two teachers (one high school, one middle school, both "language arts") and a graduate student in creative writing. I'm the GM, and I'm a freelance writer.

Our first game is Sunday, greatly looking forward to it.

"Words, words, they're all we have to go on." —Tom Stoppard

#7 Crimson Death

Crimson Death

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

over 40 I'd guesstimate.

#8 DoctorWhat

DoctorWhat

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

We play once a week for around 2 hours, longer when it's the school holidays and I'm not in work. We started sometime in August. Wednesday we finished Episode 6 and started Episode 7. (Episode = adventure). So something like 10 or 11 sessions.
Opinions stated in the above post are my opinions.
They may be different from your opinions, that is ok, that's how the world works.

#9 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

11 sessions and every one has been a blast!

Proud Member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#10 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

My group is a writer & two video game designers.

#11 Jshock

Jshock

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

26, each @ 4 hours long.

#12 AWAD

AWAD

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Campaign? We just finished the 3rd game. We play every other week 4-5 hours.

Normally we do 6-9 months of a game campaign.

I know two of the other guys have at least 10-12 games under their belt playing with a different group and all the premade games and special releases. They do not play a regular schedule though.

AWAD

Adjust Adapt Overcome, or be crushed

#13 Nate

Nate

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

I've managed to play once and run three sessions--not a lot, but it's been fun.

-Nate

#14 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Ten sessions in so far.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#15 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

I have about 25 sessions. 10 of them are about 6-10h. The others more like 4-8h.

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#16 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Wow Naglareph, you have logged some serious hours in this game. Hat's off to you and your group!

#17 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

4 sessions, 20 hours. Beginner kit + long arm of the hutt. 10-15 xp per session +5 when finishing an obligation

#18 alien270

alien270

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Based on the amount of XP my character has accrued since character generation (195), we've logged a total of 39 hours.  That's mostly 3 hour sessions, but some 3.5 or 4 hour sessions.  Actually, it's probably a bit longer than that because we do 5 XP per hour, but round down most of the time for half hours.

I've also run the Beginner Game back when that first came out, and part of LAotH, which was probably 3 sessions of roughly 3ish hours.

Sooo not as much game time as I'd prefer ;)

#19 kinnison

kinnison

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Just did my 4th one.  Did Escape from mos shuuta and Long arm of the hutt.  In the last session the players illegally legalized the Krayt Fang (Now it is the Epsilon Explorer) and headed off to the Minos Cluster.

My players are all in the 30s or 40s, with no kids. Two civil engineers, one Programmer. Other things tend to happen in our lives, and we can really only meet once a month for about a 6 hour session.  But it often turns into every other month.

All of them I consider good friends, and one is my wife who is enjoying her first RPG.

Edited by kinnison, 03 November 2013 - 11:40 PM.

Check out my current Campaign:

The Minos Cluster

Last session 9/6/14 'Beyond the Rim: Episode I'

Last Update 9/20/14

#20 Split Light

Split Light

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

I'm not sure exactly how many.  One a week since the game came out, usually 3 to 5 hours, sometimes a bit more.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS