ZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

FFS get some new BC products out so we can start having some interesting discussions on here again.

• Brother Orpheo likes this

#2 Gamgee

Gamgee

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

I know what you mean. All the 40k lines are in need of some serious love. Star Wars has pretty much all the support. We're but an afterthought now.

#3 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

All? Dark  Heresy 2nd is in beta, first we can assume won't get anymore.
Rogue Trader just got Faith and Coin.
No idea about deathwatch.
Black Crusade needs love!
Only War got a splat book awhile back, but really needs a supplement for vehicles and specialty classes. So it's more like half.

Betting Star Wars is stealing ALOT of resources since it's pretty much a sure way of earning money.

#4 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

I want a Nurgle book :(

• Koma76 likes this

#5 Gamgee

Gamgee

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

The last Deathwatch book was terrible, it was one big tomb of snooze lore with only minor benefits for players. It was billed as a veteran book. God it was terrible. Only War got a pregen adventure. Not useful for myself. Dark Heresy 2 counts sure, but it will be it's own line not an existing one. That leaves Rogue Trader..... to get a good supplement. And there doesn't appear to be anything on the schedule to look forward to either.

And as soon as Age of Rebellion is out they will start it with the Jedi core rules. *sigh* Man this sucks.

#6 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

The last Deathwatch book was terrible, it was one big tomb of snooze lore with only minor benefits for players. It was billed as a veteran book. God it was terrible. Only War got a pregen adventure. Not useful for myself. Dark Heresy 2 counts sure, but it will be it's own line not an existing one. That leaves Rogue Trader..... to get a good supplement. And there doesn't appear to be anything on the schedule to look forward to either.

And as soon as Age of Rebellion is out they will start it with the Jedi core rules. *sigh* Man this sucks.

Not to mention that Only War's Hammer of the Emperor was pretty bad, too. Felt like they were really just filling out some of it for the sake of having something to print.

Faith and Coin was just released for Rogue Trader, though, so there not being anything in the pipeline right now makes sense. Have heard some good things about it, but it's doubtful there's much I'll make use of personally.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#7 Gamgee

Gamgee

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Now that announced a new edge of the empire supplement. Cards or something. *sigh* I think the 40k lines are done guys. I have a feeling they're going to finish DH2 give it the obligatory 2-3 books and move on from 40k.

Edited by Gamgee, 05 November 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#8 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

Now that announced a new edge of the empire supplement. Cards or something. *sigh* I think the 40k lines are done guys. I have a feeling they're going to finish DH2 give it the obligatory 2-3 books and move on from 40k.

I'm regrettably getting those vibes too. It's not uncommon for companies to make a half-asses attempt at reviving something (DH2), and then drop things. I doubt DH2 will take off, especially judging by the beta, and if it doesn't, the other lines won't get their "updates" (...and judging by DH2, I'm not sure I want them to be).

I really wish they'd just continue the iterative approach for all the settings while also bringing them all together by releasing crossover materials for the entire line (such as specific (but optional) WH40K Core Rulebooks). But alas, I guess it's not meant to be.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#9 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

DH2e could have been a "dip into the waters" to feel out future interest...perhaps their license is expiring on 40K, hm?

"Do we renew with nothing in the pipe, or do we relaunch and resign?"

=][=

#10 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

DH2e could have been a "dip into the waters" to feel out future interest...perhaps their license is expiring on 40K, hm?

"Do we renew with nothing in the pipe, or do we relaunch and resign?"

Possibly, don't actually know how long/much a GW licence is, but if its anything like the EA one for warhammer online, its a 2008 release and just expired... kinda roughly the same time as DH was released. Maybe an extra 12 months or so due to the whole BL-FFG transfer.

#11 51powerski

51powerski

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

I will go out on a limb and say that I don't believe the FFG 40k line is coming to an end in the near future.

To my mind it would make no sense to invest in developing a new edition of DH if there was a question mark about whether the GeeDub licence would continue.  Surely if they just wanted to make a bit of money whilst running the license out they would crank out a few more supplements for the existing games rather than invest the time and money in a new edition.

That said, I'm not sure what the future holds for BC.  Based on a general feeling and anecdotal evidence, I believe it's probably the least played of the 40k rpg range.  I've no idea how well it's actually sold, and whether FFG see's any return in more publications for it. 

My personal feeling is that we will see the Nurgle book at some point, after all the OW, DH2, and Star Wars kerfuffle has died down.  But I don't hold out a lot of hope for much more after that.

Which would be a shame as I would glady throw my money at FFG.  :)

#12 Gamgee

Gamgee

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Star Wars kerfuffle won't be dying down anytime soon. Those RPG's print money.

#13 htsmithium

htsmithium

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Well in the other three tomes they all mention 4 adventures and books so I would guess we will at least get nurgal's book. After that I have no idea.

ding dong mala mortuus est,

quem veteres strigam

impii strigam

ding dong impiorum strigam mortuus est.

#14 dirge93

dirge93

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

On the one hand, I'm not sure what BC would really need past a Nurgle book to make the line feel complete.  You -could- throw in a book on Unaligned I suppose, and maybe something on the region and foes, but it seems to me like a lot of that's already been covered. 

On the other hand, killing a line before it's complete isn't uncommon for FFG, what with WFRP2ed springing to mind.

I do wonder how much FFG is or isn't dropping 40k to focus on Star Wars.  I suspect they're keeping the license going somewhat (they just released a WFB-based disc game, right), but they could be dropping it too (any word on new Talisman or Relic expansions?).  But dropping 40k RPGs to reduce competition with Star Wars RPGs... isn't entirely stupid.  Even if fans can love both, they likely can't -afford- both.  So FFG cuts out one of its greatest competitors: itself.  White Wolf and TSR have had similar problems in the past, when they released more product lines than consumers could support.

I dunno'.  If FFG wrapped up BC and let it die, it could probably do the same with RT (although I still want a book on the military might of a Trader's crew) and DW.  DH is dead, and being "rebooted" with a new edition supposedly.  OW could use another book or two on vehicles and large scale war perhaps.  But still... I'd almost be happy if they -finished- the game lines and called it a day.  A simple word from on high of any future plans would be nice; post it from an "anonymous" admin account so we know it's official, but can't pester any individual for further info.

#15 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

Only War needs a books for support specialties (only generics got the love in hammer), vehicles (even though I don't ever intend to play armoured) and largescale.

Black crusade needs the nurgle book and a black crusade book, there's no guidelines on how to run an actual black crusade in the book. It's SO weird. Giving us extra imperial enemies would be good, not alot of those really. Yes, we have the generic ones but I'd love to see it fleshed out more.

Hope they don't drop 40k for star wars, as I have no interest in Star Wars.

#16 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

Black Crusade could really use some vehicle rules. Sure, you can get them from OW, but they really should be in a BC product too.

• Brother Orpheo likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#17 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

Yep they could probably cover the vehicles as an extra in a Nurgle Book, if they ever decide to make one.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS