Ranks Within the Guard?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

My Experience mirrors yours Lynata with one exception: Decorations and awards ceremonies. If the Squad is going to be awarded for Gallantry in the field or some such you can guarantee some politically motivated high ranking hack will show up to take credit for "Their men". (If I sound cynical it's because I too am a former enlisted vet.) 

Edited by Radwraith, 11 December 2013 - 12:20 PM.

• Lynata likes this

#22 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Good addition! That probably works the same everywhere - my unit rarely deployed anywhere, so I hadn't had much chance at witnessing something like this, but I should have remembered this from all the movies I've been watching.  :D

Sidenote: Hollywood (etc) may not be the most accurate representation of life in the military (depending on the movie), but I'd say it's still a useful inspiration just because it's what most people are familiar with, and thus may be expecting from a roleplaying game that uses a similar theme. :)

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS