• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

D6 Holocron has most of the WEG stuff.

I had no idea.  Some of this stuff looks great, I must have only been exposed to the worst of it.  I knew I'd hit gold when I saw a title by Sterling Hershey...

Glad to see you coming around. :P

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#22 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Being the Star Wars fan that I am and wanting to have some accuracy in my X-Wing scenario building I acquired a few of these books a little while ago and I was wondering if they still had relevancy? As I recall, much of the early EU was based on these books.

Sure the stats are incompatable but I was wondering if anyone else was also going to reference them for thier campaigns?

We use them all the time. While we cant use the specific mechanics, we can use them for prices, availability and general functionality.

#23 blittlepage

blittlepage

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I find the WEG Star Wars adventures easily convert to the FFG system. The stories are great departure points for Edge of the Empire stories and fit with the limited Force powers and era too.

I used them for Saga games too but they seem to fit even better in the FFG system.

#24 Balou1917

Balou1917

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

You know what the fun thing is about the Star Wars universe in your games......it's yours. Make it what you will and discover.  If AOR is anything like EotE there may not be a lot of adventures or modules made for the games.  Of course we are only a year into this right?  But going back to WEG d6, you have a plethora of material from the original series.  Now I would love to see more material come out of FFG.

#25 NicoDavout

NicoDavout

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

WEG books were, are and still be the best resource. I am still looking for the most interesting adventures and supplements. :)
  • angelicdoctor likes this
Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.

#26 cvtheoman

cvtheoman

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

looking over at a small stack on my bookshelf right now that might need a dusting.  thanks for the reminder!

also, d6 holocron is great!

• NicoDavout likes this

Math is such a tool.

#27 BillW

BillW

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

There is a whole lot of good source material in the old WEG books. I just ran the first part of Graveyard of Alderaan for my AoR group tonight. I had to do my own stats for the bad guys and I made some minor changes/updates to the story, but I would do that for any published mod. In short, if you can get your hands on some of the old WEG books, go for it.

• NicoDavout likes this

#28 blittlepage

blittlepage

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

I have been re-reading Flashpoint: Brak Sector and it is a good set-up for an Age of Rebellion campaign.

The campaign book has a good setup, lots of adventure hooks, and a limited area that would be good for sandbox-style play.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS