Photo

Is tench run effected by turbo laser battery ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bond007

bond007

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Is tench run effected by turbo laser battery ?

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Sure. Why wouldn't it?

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Trench Run cannot be targeted. Turbolaser Battery does not target anything.  So it would work just fine on Trench Run.  Any damage already on the Death Star dial would stay there and still count if a second copy of Trench Run was played.

• PBrennan likes this

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Trench Run cannot be targeted. Turbolaser Battery does not target anything.  So it would work just fine on Trench Run.  Any damage already on the Death Star dial would stay there and still count if a second copy of Trench Run was played.

Has that second part been officially clarified anywhere, or is it just because the effect speaks of the damage on the dial and not the effect?

Welcome to the machine!

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Has that second part been officially clarified anywhere, or is it just because the effect speaks of the damage on the dial and not the effect?

It's because the Enhancement allows you to place damage on the Death Star dial itself.  There's no need for the enhancement to be on the table to keep that damage there (for example, a future event card could read "Place 1 damage on the Death Star dial" and it would work even if Trench Run was not on table, though it would be much less useful without it).  The win condition on Trench Run itself only checks for how much total damage is on the dial, not how much was dealt via that copy of Trench Run.  Basically, I know that it's a common shortcut (especially on OCTGN) to just place the damage counters on Trench Run itself, but the damage is actually going on the Death Star dial and so it stays there.  Somebody could, of course, send in an official rules question if they wanted, but I'm 99.9% sure on this one.

#6 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

I agree, and like I said, the verbiage seems pretty clear that it goes on the dial and not the enhancement. I was really more curious if it was explicitly clarified somewhere.

Thanks!

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS