Stone of Erech Now Available

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 otha62

otha62

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Haven't seen an announcement yet but found it available while browsing in FFG's POD store:

http://store.fantasy...ils.cfm?PC=3569

#2 Djenni

Djenni

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Awesome!

Most likely the only Icelandic LOTR LCG gamer around these parts.

#3 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I definitely recommend picking it up, it's a fun quest!

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#4 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Great news!!! I hope it will be on Amazon soon since p&p from ffg site is huge when ordering for Greece

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#5 The Rohirrim

The Rohirrim

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Just ordered my copy. Now the anticipation is going to drive me crazy. I'll be stalking my mailbox.

• spalanzani likes this

#6 timbolton

timbolton

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Ordered my copy :)

Shipping to the UK has almost doubled from the last POD - now about $18 (other options are higher still.)

"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."

#7 faith_star83

faith_star83

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

And the official anouncement is here, too! I heard this quest was very fun (but also very difficult?) and I sure think the theme and mechanics sound awesome!

#8 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

I neeeeeeeeed it now!!!!!!

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#9 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

So we attack with Willpower, is defending normal?
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#10 otha62

otha62

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I think defending is normal...

#11 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

it's expensive to order to the uk...but I did anyway. To those that have played it already - how challenging is this scenario? I'm hoping for a tough one.

#12 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

it's expensive to order to the uk...but I did anyway. To those that have played it already - how challenging is this scenario? I'm hoping for a tough one.

I heard is not so tough as Lake-Town and MaO but still quite difficult

#13 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Finally a quest that I don't win on my first attempt. Lost with a Gondor deck and then a Hobbit deck. Now it's time to get serious about this scenario. I don't think this one will disappoint. I'm happy that it will make me think about how to handle the scenario and try some different deck strategies. I have not tried the power decks (Outlands / dwarves) on it yet, I'll hold off and see if I can come up with something different to meet the challenge.

The night cards are what finished me off both times due to rapid threat increase, otherwise the scenario seems pretty manageable, although the Treachery card Driven By Fear is my new nemesis.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#14 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

Finally a quest that I don't win on my first attempt. Lost with a Gondor deck and then a Hobbit deck. Now it's time to get serious about this scenario. I don't think this one will disappoint. I'm happy that it will make me think about how to handle the scenario and try some different deck strategies. I have not tried the power decks (Outlands / dwarves) on it yet, I'll hold off and see if I can come up with something different to meet the challenge.
The night cards are what finished me off both times due to rapid threat increase, otherwise the scenario seems pretty manageable, although the Treachery card Driven By Fear is my new nemesis.

wow we have a quest deserve attention!!!! Thank you FFG!!! At least something un few months!!! I already change my attention for other game like Eldrich Horror. Wait only for nightmare and print of demand lotr.
I see the forum is more and more quite now....

#15 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

I don't think the forum is quiet because the game is too easy. I also don't think that recent scenarios were easy. Especially Blood of Gondor is a brutal quest.

Note:

My super-crazy power deck of über-awesomeness beating a scenario 10 times of 10 doesn't mean that a scenario is easy. ;) I'm ok when folks follow that approach of playing the game, I did the same myself for a while, but the designers should lay their focus on scenarios that offer a challenge for a large number of different decks. I mean what's the next step? "Please stop publishing new player cards because I'm not interested in deck building like at all but give us more quest cards instead?" <_<

#16 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

I don't think the forum is quiet because the game is too easy. I also don't think that recent scenarios were easy. Especially Blood of Gondor is a brutal quest.

Note:

My super-crazy power deck of über-awesomeness beating a scenario 10 times of 10 doesn't mean that a scenario is easy. ;) I'm ok when folks follow that approach of playing the game, I did the same myself for a while, but the designers should lay their focus on scenarios that offer a challenge for a large number of different decks. I mean what's the next step? "Please stop publishing new player cards because I'm not interested in deck building like at all but give us more quest cards instead?" <_<

hope so hope so…….

i really busy now to play  full attention now…...

#17 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Glad to hear its a challenge. Looking forward to getting my copy.

#18 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Mine arrived yesterday, and it feels really weird. Almost like the cards are made of plastic? Or maybe starched cloth. I dunno. Since they got the POD machine in the office it seems this has been the case. MaO and BoLT, while obviously different to the regular card quality, were still noticeably card. 

This is perhaps just me being pedantic.

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#19 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Mine arrived yesterday, and it feels really weird. Almost like the cards are made of plastic? Or maybe starched cloth. I dunno. Since they got the POD machine in the office it seems this has been the case. MaO and BoLT, while obviously different to the regular card quality, were still noticeably card. 

This is perhaps just me being pedantic.

What about quest? Did you try it already?

#20 ClydeCloggie

ClydeCloggie

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

Copy arrived today but without Dusk. Have contacted FFG so should get the missing card soon.

From a quick browse it looks like a very tough Quest which plays a lot of tricks with your Willpower, and with the Spectral and Battle keywords appearing at some stage you will really need to think hard about the stats of your characters. It looks doable because 1B and 2B do not require an awful lot of progress to complete; 3B on the other hand...

All this without having actually played it, of course. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS