http://azrune.devian...-Dock-410330768

• Emirikol likes this

#2 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Nice.

Though I think for the TEW adventure it doesn't sound like there's a wall between the docks and the various Wegs along which stand the taverns etc.  I realize "in the Old World" a wall makes sense, even with river, but the sense of adventure is movement and sight back and forth without a wall.

In real "river port" towns it wasn't uncommong for warehouses to directly abut the dock so that goods could move directly to and from them (admittedly I'm thinking more 17th-18th century).

#3 cronevald

cronevald

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

I thought there was mention of a flood wall along the docks in some of the various descriptions of Averheim.  I could be wrong though.

Nice piece.  It's not quite what I had in my head, but it's got a good Old world feel a reminds me a bit of Tony Ackland/1st ed art with the soft pencil tones.

#4 Azrune

Azrune

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

It does mention a flood wall in TEWv2, although it doesn't say anything about a wall on top of that. Thou the wall on top doesn't really give any real defence as such. The problem with having warehouses on the wall is that the river floods often, which means the edge of the river is always changing. Also the TEWv2 map shows the warehouses back from the river and flood wall. In fact this part of the wall is an almost direct copy from that map, with the Upright pig Tavern in the centre.

• willmanx likes this

#5 Veteres

Veteres

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

The Dutch city of Delft in 17th century by Johannes Vermeer. Picture some moderate hills in the background and you have a view on Averheim's docks after another rainy night i.m.o.

http://commons.wikim...ew-of-delft.jpg

#6 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

Great drawing and great last post painting link ! I start tonight !

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS