The Grey Company Podcast

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Great podcast, I'm loving it so far. My thoughts on Outlands is that it's a great tool for teaching the game to new players but that's about it. I really don't think the designers will base future playtesting on the outlands level of power. The Black Riders was designed after Outlands and it's easily smashed with Outlands so I don't see any Outlands effect there.

Quick question:  What is the music you play during your intro. It sounds great and I'd like to hear the full song. Thanks!

#22 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

The music in the intro is "All Your Light (Times Like These)" by Portugal. The Man.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the podcast.

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

#23 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Really enjoyed the blog. Great work chaps :)

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

#24 faith_star83

faith_star83

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Dear Grey Company Podcast Team

Outstanding work! I really enjoyed this episode and appreciate that you are doing this so much! :P Keep up the good work, please!

Best regards

Al

#25 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

Dear Grey Company Podcast Team

Outstanding work! I really enjoyed this episode and appreciate that you are doing this so much! :P Keep up the good work, please!

Best regards

Al

thanks Al!

look for Episode 2 to be live soon! :D

• Scroll Lock likes this

#26 Scroll Lock

Scroll Lock

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

What does it mean soon? :-)
  • Raven1015 likes this

#27 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

What does it mean soon? :-)

we recorded it last night (sunday), so it just needs to be edited!

#28 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

As soon as I'm done with the editing. I won't want any pesky editing duties still hanging over my head for Thanksgiving (Thursday), so that should give you a clue  :)

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#29 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Thanks to Ian's hard work on the editing, Episode 2 (Deck Building Pt. One) is now available for download!

http://greycompanypo...lding-part-one/

Thanks for all of the positive feedback, and for those who celebrate it, a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

#30 faith_star83

faith_star83

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

Just finished listening this morning :-) Again, really wonderful podcast and I enjoyed it very much. THANK YOU, guys :D

#31 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Episode 3 - The Morgul Vale, is now available.

http://greycompanypo...he-morgul-vale/

In this episode, we have a lively discussion of the various strategies we used for defeating this scenario. We include an in-depth look at many of the encounter cards, as well as insight into the decks that we designed to help us save Faramir from Minas Morgul.

For those who have not yet purchased this scenario, be warned, there are SPOILERS.

Enjoy!

Edited by danpoage, 11 December 2013 - 04:23 PM.

• Pharmboys2013 likes this

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

#32 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

Great Podcast guys!

I really enjoyed this Morgul Vale Episode. As a veteran player, it was great to hear all of your strategies and deck ideas as it gave me some new inspiration for decks. I'm very impressed with the wealth of knowledge that you've gathered together for your podcast.

Keep up the good work!

• danpoage likes this

#33 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Enjoyable episode. Keep up the good work guys. Still think it's quite cool that all of the ancillary blogs teamed up for a podcast. Feels like the avengers or something

This!  :D

This more!  :D

also,  :P

But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.

#34 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'll be posting spoilers for the new Nightmare decks over on our Facebook page all week - be sure to check them out, like our page, and request what you'd like to see next!

https://www.facebook...ycompanypodcast

#35 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

Great podcast! Keep up the good work. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#36 Jekzer

Jekzer

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for the spoilers, misters!

Now that we've been waiting for news about LOTR: LCG content for 4 weeks (this'll be the fifth one), it's nice to have a daily test of new cards!

Have you played any of the Season 2 or 3 NM scenarios? If so, what's your take on them?

#37 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Now that we've been waiting for news about LOTR: LCG content for 4 weeks (this'll be the fifth one), it's nice to have a daily test of new cards!

Have you played any of the Season 2 or 3 NM scenarios? If so, what's your take on them?

I've played Passage Through Mirkwood, Journey Along the Anduin, The Hunt for Gollum, and the Journey to Rhosgobel (I can't remember if I've tried any others).

I really, really like all of them. In many cases, they are much more thematic than the previous versions, and, of course, much more difficult.

Perhaps we can talk about them on the show at some point - but I really enjoy them. Plus, the art is so "nightmare-y," it's great! :D

#38 Jekzer

Jekzer

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

I've played Passage Through Mirkwood, Journey Along the Anduin, The Hunt for Gollum, and the Journey to Rhosgobel (I can't remember if I've tried any others).

I really, really like all of them. In many cases, they are much more thematic than the previous versions, and, of course, much more difficult.

Perhaps we can talk about them on the show at some point - but I really enjoy them. Plus, the art is so "nightmare-y," it's great! :D

I also played the Core Set Nightmare Version ones, and I feel the same: they feel more thematic (Dol Guldur the most) and harder. So I am very excited to know that the others are on the same level. A lot of curiosity with Hunt for Gollum, it seems like they put a new level of detail (player clues vs enemy clues race against the clock). At least that's what I saw on the preview in CoTR.

Talking about NM scenarios and how they have changed (and the new strategies needed to adapt) on your podcast sounds like a great idea too! 

Edited by Jekzer, 25 December 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#39 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

I also played the Core Set Nightmare Version ones, and I feel the same: they feel more thematic (Dol Guldur the most) and harder. So I am very excited to know that the others are on the same level. A lot of curiosity with Hunt for Gollum, it seems like they put a new level of detail (player clues vs enemy clues race against the clock). At least that's what I saw on the preview in CoTR.

Talking about NM scenarios and how they have changed (and the new strategies needed to adapt) on your podcast sounds like a great idea too! 

hunt for gollum-nightmare is more fun, but not all that difficult. i've never had an enemy "get" a clue every time i've played it. great concept, not the best in execution.

#40 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Episode 4 recorded yesterday and should be available soon! We discuss the Gondor trait and have a wrap-up of the Against the Shadow cycle! Stay tuned!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS