We should be hearing news about the final AP in the coming weeks and I know everyone has really high hopes for the player cards in this set. For the previous two cycles (Mirkwood and Dwarrowdelf) the last AP's were a treasure trove of superpowered awesomeness. This has raised expectations to new heights for the upcoming Morgul Vale.
We know what has been spoiled: Theoden (tactics hero) and the spirit horse mount. But what else is coming? Time for some predictions. Here's mine:
1. Snowmane, a special attachment for Theoden. Elrond got Vilya, and Theoden will get something awesome too. What will it do? My best guess is that it will either A) allow Theoden to spend resources on any card with the Rohan trait or B) allow Theoden to spend resources on any card with the Mount trait.
2. Denethor's Toy, a special 0 cost neutral sphere attachment that will prevent a character's willpower from ever being lowered. The Denethor leadership ally from EaAD is considered to be the worst card of the AP cycle and I can't help but wonder that they are planning something to make him worth his 4 resource cost.
3. Gondor Superbooster. This could really be anything, but I'm guessing it's a restricted attachment for a hero. It will give characters with the Gondor trait something really amazing. Probably a buff on all three of the main stats (will, attack, defense). It's like having Dain in a can.
4. Treachery Foiler. Treacheries remain the most difficult part of the game to counter. At this point in the game's lifespan I think we will soon see a new way to deal with them that doesn't involve "A Test of Will". I think it will be another event, and hopefully not from the spirit sphere.
5. Spammer of Morthond. This could also be called "Outlands for Gondor". This card will give a hero with the gondor trait the ability to spend resources on any card with the outlands trait. This would pair up very nicely with the card "Lord of Morthond".
6. A new eagle card! I threw this one in for kicks, but why not? We know that FFG commisioned artwork for Gwaihir the king of the eagles, a card we have yet to see. Every other faction has been getting the love lately, even the overloaded dwarves got a new card in Blood of Gondor so why not the Eagles? And I could think of no better time for the Eagles to show up than when Gondor is in its hour of greatest need.
7. Palantir's Partner. I'm not sure exactly how this card would work, but I think it would somehow synergize with the palantir. Either it would let you reduce the threat of the palantir or make the risk of use worth it by messing with the encounter deck. The palantir is the kind of "Johnny card" that is just begging for a partner to make it magnificent in a wild and ingenious combo.
There you go, those are my predictions. What do you think? Please post some of your own and once the pack is released we'll see who came the closest to getting it right!