Photo

Could the Game of Thrones Board be used with the battle series?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Philcard151

Philcard151

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

New to the series, any ideas about using the board game in a full Grand Campaign. If so any ideas on how it could be done .Also hoping they could release an expansion with the Wildlings in the North.....Any comments?...Thanks

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

I think Old Dwarf here used BoW to resolve some of the GoT battles... not so sure I remember correctly, but in case you could try dropping him a PM. Guess the game becomes consistently longer, though

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 SFRR

SFRR

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

Very cool idea, kind of like a more involved, tactical, "battle board" used in some other games (primarily Eagle Games) such as NiE and ACW.

I think it's a great idea for college students, and retirees, or other people who have 30+ hours to finish a single game of AGoT, but otherwise my opinion is, it is completely impractical.

(SFRR) aka Siferr Stark

#4 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

A tad late, but I use BoW to resolve Raids in Storm of Swords.It does extend Game time massively.Basically

we use a Game Table for Storm of Swords & when we go for a Raid we set that up on another.

Obviously we are able to leave things set up but it's a time killer.

A Dwarf in Winter

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS