Pyre of False gods and Forever Burning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 orion_kurnous

orion_kurnous

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

If i have Pyre of Falses gods and play forever burnign, this event go to Death Pile or apply the effect of Pyre of FG.?

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

Deathbound is a replacement effect, and so is Pyre's effect. I believe that the First Player would get to decide which effect controls.

#3 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

I believe the card's owner chooses, regardless of First Player.

#4 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

We need a bot for this...

Pyre - "After you play an event card from your hand, put it on the bottom of your deck instead of discarding it.
Marshalling: Kneel Pyre of the False Gods and pay 2 gold to return 1 event card from your discard pile to your hand.
" - CGDB

Deathbound - "(3.23) Replacement Effects Replacement effects are passive effects... Examples of replacement effects can be found on The Hound (CORE L42), and the "deathbound" keyword." - FAQ Section 3.23 (emphasis mine)

Conflicting Passives - "Remember that if two conflicting passive abilities would resolve at the same time, their order of resolution is determined by the first player." - FAQ pg. 19

Deathbound + Pyre are definitely resolved by the first player per a strict reading of the rules.

• Bomb likes this

#5 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

This came up at gencon with prince's plans and pyre. Deathbound events and pyre create conflicting passives. First player chooses how the conflict is resolved.
"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#6 thorin1981

thorin1981

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

Ok, simple question about Pyre of the False God.

I have this location in my discard pile and I play Iron Lore (Any Phase: Pay the printed cost of 1 location in your discard pile to put it into play). My event resolves and Pyre of the False Gods enters play.

What does happen to the event? 

Does it go to the discard pile, or the pyre will send it at the bottom of my deck?

Edited by thorin1981, 13 November 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#7 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

The Pyre's replacement effect kicks in and sends the event to the bottom of your deck.

#8 thorin1981

thorin1981

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Thank you very much! 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS