build total question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kidnicky

kidnicky

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

In the core set rules, it says to build teams to a total of 31 if you only have a core set. Well, I have the core set, an A-Wing, and a TIE Interceptor. Obviously we'd go over 31 but again obviously, we can't field 100 point squads. What should we set the build total at? 50? If one team is a point or two less than the other, fine, but I don't want a game that's TOO unbalanced.

#2 Drakhan Valane

Drakhan Valane

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

I recommend having both sides build what they're happy with then see what the lower point total is and have the other pare down their list.
Rebel Alliance: 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290s, 1 YT-1300
Empire: 2 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advance, 1 Lambda Shuttle

#3 Sammyjack76

Sammyjack76

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

With the core set of 2 Tie fighters and the Tie Interceptor, if you use the highest points cost pilots and upgrades (filling every slot) it comes to around 66pts, so I'd possibly go for 60-65pts maximum.

I think a good compromise would be around 50-55pts, that way you can fit at least 1 "named" pilot into both lists and a couple of upgrades.

Edited by Sammyjack76, 27 October 2013 - 05:05 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS