Blood of Gondor - "The Cross-Roads" & "Captured!"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

I just played through Blood of Gondor for the first time, and a card interaction came up that I'm not sure how to deal with:

The Cross-Roads is a location, put into the staging area by Quest 1A setup. This states "The current quest card gains Siege".  There is no requirement to travel to/explore this location before advancing to the next quest stage. 

Stage 2B has the "Battle" keyword.

I advanced to stage 2B with the Cross-Roads still in the staging area (I was playing tactics, so having Siege was helping my questing efforts, I had no desire to get rid of it).

At this point, I have a quest stage with Battle AND Siege. 

Battle says "Characters use their [Attack] instead of [Willpower] when Questing", and Siege is the equivalent for [Defence]. 

How does this interaction work?

#2 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hmm, that's an interesting one, I've never had that come up because I cleared out The Cross-Roads before the second stage. You're right that there's no clear answer here. My interpretation of how this is supposed to work is that the siege from the location replaces the battle.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#3 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think they should make a card interaction chart with all card types to show which has priority over which and in which order things must happen.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#4 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I believe that you should follow the location keyword. It does not make any difference that the quest card has battle, since there is a location that requires you to make a change in your game , you follow this change. Do not let the battle trait trouble you, it is just another quest card like any other ;)

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#5 koriakin97

koriakin97

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

In my opinion first player decides

#6 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I believe that you should follow the location keyword. It does not make any difference that the quest card has battle, since there is a location that requires you to make a change in your game , you follow this change. Do not let the battle trait trouble you, it is just another quest card like any other ;)

That's correct. The card text of Crossroads clearly states that the quest card gets the siege keyword. It doesn't matter that Captured! already has a keyword.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS