Recurring credit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Decker1613

Decker1613

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ok, so today I was playing my friend and a question came up that I thought he was wrong on. It has to do with recurring credit and using the bits. OK so I said, if I was using " Simone Diego on a server which has two bits and says "Use these credits to anvance cards in or protecting this server"I could use all those credits to advance Hostile Takeover and then score it. He said that I needed to spend clicks to do this, ie. it would take one click for each bit to spend on it. Now I can't find it anywhere in the rules or FAQ on how these bits are used. So do I have to spend a click for each one of these bits or do I just say I am using them to advance the card and then score it allowing me to still have 3 clicks left to do with what ever I want? Thank you all.

#2 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

You will still have to spend a click.  Nothing on the card says that you can avoid spending those clicks.  Because the specific card wording does not say otherwise, you must go to the rulebook.

All Simone Deigo does is reduce the credit cost to advance cards, she has nothing to do with reducing the click cost.

The card would be stupidly broken otherwise (probably like a 10 cost to rez, unique, and 1 or 2 to trash, and 5 influence).

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

As nungunz said, a recurring credit is still just a credit. The card tells you what you can use the recurring credit for, but it doesn't change anything about how advancing a card works.

#4 ODie

ODie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Simone Diego (and equally Weyland Because We Built It) recurring credits can only be used to perform the advance action, which is the fifth listed in the Corporation Action Phase (p12 of the rulebook), which states that you spend a click and a credit to Advance a card. Advancing, in the glossary, p30, is "The act of putting one advancement token on a card that can be advanced". So it is covered by the rulebook, just for reference.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS