• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FrizzleFratz

FrizzleFratz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hello,

For a multiplayer focused game, I'm surprised at how the FFG Quest Log isn't very multiplayer friendly.  My group of players have been using the linked spreadsheet to keep track of our quests.  I'm posting it to share and also for any feedback as to what could make this spreadsheet better.  What I'd be really happy with is if the developers of the FFG Quest Log implemented some of the benefits of this spreadsheet.

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

Here's a summary of what the spreadsheet is capable of:

Quest Entry

This tab is used for entering your quests.  Select items from drop down lists like you and your friends names, scenario, and heros.  The grey shaded area is auto-filled in.  What's great about this tab is that you can enter your quests as well as your friends' quests.

Statistics

The statistics tab shows some basic statistics for you and your friends, like # of quests completed, average points per game (by number of players), and % of sphere weight for your selected heros.  What I like about this tab is that I can compare me and my friends side by side.  Most importantly, on this tab is where you select which friends to view the statistics.  At the top of this tab there are drop down lists where you select the names.  These name selections will feed the remaining tabs, so you can compare yourself with your friends on many other features.

Sets

The sets tab is the one I use most.  It shows quests completed by you and your friends, with referenced quest scenario, set, and difficulty level.  The players presented are from the players selected in the Statistics tab.  When we are deciding as a team which quest to undertake, I pull up this tab to see where someone needs a completion.

Heros

The heros tab list all the heros and the frequency of use by each player.

Dashboard

The dashboard tab is where I can throw any cool features or views.  Right now I only have colored pie charts of each player's hero selection by sphere.  Any recommendations here would be helpful, maybe a bar graph showing some info?

One usefull thing we do is share this document on Google Docs.  Then anyone in the group can pull up the document and update for the group.

If you want to use this spreadsheet and add you and your friends to this spreadsheet, right click on the tabs and click 'unhide', then unhide the 'players' tab.  This is where you list the players.  Also, the scenarios and heros can be added in the scenario and hero tabs, you would just need to drag down the formulas after you've added it.

Also, please download if you are going to edit things. This isn't the original, but would like it to stay how it is for others to download.

Edited by FrizzleFratz, 25 October 2013 - 06:37 PM.

• Ileopsoas and gandalfDK like this

#2 SauronTheGreat

SauronTheGreat

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

Just to let you know, the pie charts at the bottom both come out to 101% for George and Frank

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS