Anduril

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

previously published three artifacts for Aragorn giving him control of the three spheres, celebrian's stone (gains Spirit icon), Sword that was broken (gains Leadership icon) and Ring of Barahir (gains Lore icon) and additional bonuses. I think that there will be another artifact for Aragorn, who will give him control over Tactic icon. I think it will be a Anduril. What do you think of how you could give this bonus artifact (in addition to the above icon Tactic)?

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Moby the Goldfish

• Members
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

i posted a while back and came to a similar conclusion- it will give tactics icon

as for the ability i want to say an attack stat. increase, but thats too obvious. also i would say anduril was more a sign of inspiration than a weapon, but we have already seen willpower increase in sword that was broken

not so sure then....i would particularly like to see a normal player weapon get one of the abilities of the treasure card weapons in the hobbit, where after you destroy an enemy you exhaust it to do X.

perhaps it could blend willpower and fighting. so X could be 'all allies in play get +1 willpower for the next round'

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Anduril

tactics attachment

cost: 2

Attach to a hero.  If attached hero is Aragorn, he gets a tactics icon.

Response:  When attached hero attacks and destroys an enemy, all other enemies get -2 def until the end of the phase.

#4 jc1138

jc1138

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Anduril

tactics attachment

Response:  When attached hero attacks and destroys an enemy, all other enemies get -2 def until the end of the phase.

That would be pretty nice, especially for the Carrok and 1st Hobbit Saga quest, for instance, among others.

Although, I'd almost want Anduril to be something different.  Maybe start with a whole quest around it, but certainly come out with an attachment card that you can put on Aragorn, rather than ending up with only an objective or treasure (I also want this for Glamdring, Sting, etc).  Maybe the banner could be the Tactics version of the "add a resource icon to Aragorn" instead?  I hope Anduril's a strong card, in any case.

#5 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

That would be pretty nice, especially for the Carrok and 1st Hobbit Saga quest, for instance, among others.

Although, I'd almost want Anduril to be something different.  Maybe start with a whole quest around it, but certainly come out with an attachment card that you can put on Aragorn, rather than ending up with only an objective or treasure (I also want this for Glamdring, Sting, etc).  Maybe the banner could be the Tactics version of the "add a resource icon to Aragorn" instead?  I hope Anduril's a strong card, in any case.

I think this will be the case. I think there will be a Tactics attachment among the player cards that will be named Anduril, as well as Sting in a future expansion or in maybe a Lore attachments (a cycle of famous blades among the four spheres would be friggin awesome).

Edited by Gizlivadi, 25 October 2013 - 06:46 PM.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#6 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

i posted a while back and came to a similar conclusion- it will give tactics icon

as for the ability i want to say an attack stat. increase, but thats too obvious. also i would say anduril was more a sign of inspiration than a weapon, but we have already seen willpower increase in sword that was broken

not so sure then....i would particularly like to see a normal player weapon get one of the abilities of the treasure card weapons in the hobbit, where after you destroy an enemy you exhaust it to do X.

perhaps it could blend willpower and fighting. so X could be 'all allies in play get +1 willpower for the next round'

rich

Why only next round?

Better: "All Gondor allies get +1 WP while Aragorn commits to the quest and Mordor gets their ass kicked."

#7 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

rich

Great idea!

But: Why only next round?

Better: "All Gondor allies get +1 WP while Aragorn commits to the quest and Mordor gets their ass kicked."

Edited by leptokurt, 25 October 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#8 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Just remember that any Anduril card (which I'm not sure can exist outside of the sagas due to the timeframe of the game*) needs to include text to the effect of "When Anduril enters play, discard all copies of Sword that was Broken" from the game."

*Yeah, I know there are a lot of temporal incongruities.

• benhanses likes this

"I will not be suppressed!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#9 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Just remember that any Anduril card (which I'm not sure can exist outside of the sagas due to the timeframe of the game*) needs to include text to the effect of "When Anduril enters play, discard all copies of Sword that was Broken" from the game."

That + "Sword that was Broken cannot be played while Anduril is in play". 

#10 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

Remember, there is a chance we might see Anduril in the next saga box, The Road Darkens.
As Aragorn has the sword reforged when he lounges about in Rivendell waiting for the company to set off.
He has it with him from this point on.
The sword cannot appear in any FFG made quest as it simply does not exist yet in their timeline.

As for the card, it should be unique and limited 1 per deck like black arrow, because of it's awesomeness.
I mean, it is the blade that cut the very flesh of Sauron.

@Gizlivadi:
Eres de Santiago de Chile?
I've been to your beautiful country many times!
How is this game doing down there? Few players I would guess?
And how's the distribution?
Do you have to order everything online, or is there any shop selling packs in a big city like Stgo?
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#11 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I think there is a good chance Anduril will exist in the next box - as a Treasure so that it cannot exist outside of the Saga cycle.

"I will not be suppressed!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#12 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Remember, there is a chance we might see Anduril in the next saga box, The Road Darkens.
As Aragorn has the sword reforged when he lounges about in Rivendell waiting for the company to set off.
He has it with him from this point on.
The sword cannot appear in any FFG made quest as it simply does not exist yet in their timeline.

As for the card, it should be unique and limited 1 per deck like black arrow, because of it's awesomeness.
I mean, it is the blade that cut the very flesh of Sauron.

@Gizlivadi:
Eres de Santiago de Chile?
I've been to your beautiful country many times!
How is this game doing down there? Few players I would guess?
And how's the distribution?
Do you have to order everything online, or is there any shop selling packs in a big city like Stgo?

Si, si soy de Stgo! De donde eres tu?

Yeah, you're right. The game's been pretty much like in a stillborn state from the beggining, having a few players here and there but very far apart; no community at all and the game's not endorsed at all in LGS´s in favour to the other five lcg's out there (for not being competitive, I suppose), so as may have guessed I'm a complete solo player (sometimes I bring the game to our MTG group and played it a couple times). But I completely enjoy the game and support it whenever I can. While there are better games (I'm not gonna act like there aren't any better Middle earth card games and such I still believe this game has done an incredible job, mostly because of how ambitious it is.

#13 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Sorry for off-topic chatting, but:

Soy de Holanda. Mi esposa es de Los Angeles, Bio Bio.
Have you traveled a lot through Chile?
If not, you should! Atacama is stunning, & Torres del Paine is one of the best and beautiful tracks I've done...and I've done many.
Climbing volcan Villarica was a blast, and so was visiting Rapa Nui, a very special place.
Man I love Chile! :)

#14 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

I feel so un-patriotic right now lol. I'm planning on going north this summer, to Atacama and Arica, but I haven't gone to Rapa Nui and Torres del Paine (though I would absolutely love to go there), so yeah, I haven't traveled a lot but I will certainly will start doing that these holidays.

#15 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Un-patriotic Chileans? Heh, I think they do not exist?
I've made the mistake to joke a few times in Chile about Chile/Chileans, but quickly learned it's better to say nothing.
It's taken rather serious from a gringo I've found. Even by friends & family-in-law. :)

If you go to Atacama this summer, I can recommend staying in San Pedro and from there visit Valle de la luna, Salar de Atacama & Taito geysers.
All are quite close at hand and should not be skipped when you're there anyway.
Arica is ok, but skip Calama as it is butt ugly.

Special note on not missing Valle de la luna. It's amazing at sundown!
Go and have a blast Huevón ! It's soon to be summer in Chile! I'm jealous already! :)

#16 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Anduril

tactics attachment

I can't see this being able to attach to any hero.  The uber-nerd in me screams that it needs to be an Aragorn-only attachment (although if they ever DO make any Silmarillion-based quests and Isildur or other appropriate persons in Aragorn's lineage are in the game, I guess it could be carried by them)...  But then again, they let the Ring of Barahir be played on any hero, so....

I know this seems counter-intuitive, but how about it ending up as a "defense into offense" kind of attachment?  Sort of a mini-Sam ability:

Anduril  (Spirit attachment) - cost: 2 resources

Artifact. Item. Weapon.

Text: 

Attach to a hero.  If attached hero is Aragorn, he gains the lotr-icon-tactics.gif resource icon

When Anduril enters play, discard all copies of Sword that was Broken from the game.  Sword that was Broken cannot be played while Anduril is in play.

When attached hero exhausts to defend, ready them.  They gain +1 lotr-icon-atk.gif for the remainder of the round.  If attached hero is Aragorn, he also gains +1 lotr-icon-wil.gif and +1 lotr-icon-def.gif for the remainder of the round.

Edited by benhanses, 30 October 2013 - 05:16 PM.

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#17 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

That is obscenely powerful. Not only can Aragorn defend infinitely (with Sentinel!), he gets +1 def and attack each time, making him progressively more invincible for each new enemy. 

#18 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Good point.  I had overlooked his Sentinel keyword.  That WOULD be ridiculous.

Perhaps limit it to "once per round"?

I just like the idea of it being an individual pump (and more combat related) to give a contrast to the universal one from Sword That Was Broken.

Edited by benhanses, 31 October 2013 - 11:53 AM.

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#19 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

Would be great fun to build a deck around Aragorn, giving him all resource icons as well as Ranged (Rivendell Bow).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS