Don't Get When You Loose Dice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PencilBoy99

PencilBoy99

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'm unclear on how task resolution works per room/location.

Lets say I have an unordered card and the tasks are:

Task 1: Skull (2), Magnifying Glass (3)

Task 2: Magnifying Glass (2)

(1) if my first roll is Magnifying Glass (2), can I complete task 2?

(2) if my first roll is Magnifying Glass (3), can I complete task 2 and start on task 3, or is the extra Magnifying Glass lost.

(3) if my first roll is Skull (2), do I partially complete Task 1 (put 2 skulls on it) and loose a die or do I just loose a die

(4) With unordered cards, do I have to declare what task I'm working on?

(5) Without a card that lets me store a die, is it possible to partially complete a task? If it is, do I still loose a die?

#2 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hi, I think you posted on the wrong board. This is for Arkham Horror.

#3 countermeasures

countermeasures

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Here you go!

http://community.fan...213-elder-sign/

Also:

1) As long as the card is unordered, yes you could complete task 2 with that roll

2) You can only complete one task per roll. If one of the dice was Magnifying Glass (1) and another was Magnifying Glass (2), you could complete task two with the (2) and then keep the (1) on a spell that allows you to lock dice. You couldn't Focus the die on an investigator, because you can only focus dice on failed rolls (unless there's an investigator with the ability to let you do that, I don't remember one).

3) You can't "partially" complete a task, but you can focus a die on an investigator (or on two investigators if they occupy the same adventure card and you want them to assist each other). So yes, you would lose a die for failing the task. And no dice would go onto the task until you have enough dice to complete it.

4) I don't believe so, but some of the people you're playing with may prefer it. I don't think it would make a difference either way.

5) See number 3.

Hope that helped!

Edited by countermeasures, 28 October 2013 - 11:42 AM.

• PencilBoy99 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS