Photo

Question: Hungering Artefact/Triumphant Daybreak.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

So...a question for you all on a game situation that came up tonight...

A character lands on the Oasis and draws two cards. First, TRIUMPHANT DAYBREAK and second HUNGERING ARTEFACT.

The Lunar Event (Triumphant Daybreak) comes first and then the character gets the magic object (Hungering Artefact).

The Hungering Artefact Object states that  you must discard all adventure cards on your space at the end of your turn. So you have already encountered the event card - do you discard the Triumphant Daybreak (and therefore it's effects of adding 2 to attack scores until night falls)? or do do you do as the Event card says and discard when Night Falls? Or do you discard the card but the effects remain in place until night falls?

Just want a second opinion on this (or a third!) as there was some debate here.  :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#2 Hannah

Hannah

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never put event cards on the space where they were found. Strangers and other similar cards say they must stay on that space - events don't, (and they usually effect more than just that space anyway) so to remind myself about the event I put it somewhere prominent on the table. So I would not get rid of the Triumphant Daybreak because it's not technically on that space (the way I play, anyway).

Edited by Hannah, 22 October 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#3 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

Lunar events are placed next to the Time card!!! Read the Blood Moon Rulesheet! Other Event cards are left on the space if they remain in effect. See the FAQ. If your question had been the Blizzard instead, the Hungering Artefact (if you take it) would have removed the Blizzard thereby removing the Blizzards effect!

Edited by talismanamsilat, 23 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#4 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

Yes, of course! Thanks

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS