One simple pool.
- Each henchman group entering combat adds 1 point to the pool
- Each non henchman adds 1 point to the pool
- Each Nemesis adds 3 points to the pool
- Each round the pool refreshes 1 point and one for each nemesis.
- Adding expertise/challenge costs 2 points
- Adding misfortune/fortune costs 1 point
Let's say you have four goblin henchman groups, a goblin shaman nemesis, four orcs and a troll.
Then you'd have a base pool of 11 points and a refresh of 2 points each round. That replaces all A/C/E and defensive actions unless you want a specific NPC to be more defensive.
Edited by Gallows, 22 October 2013 - 02:53 PM.