Voice of Isengard delayed to 2014

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Ellareth

Ellareth

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, that does kind of suck. But I don't think It'll be that big of a delay, I would hope. So what if we skip a month if we can still finish up the Against the Shadow Cycle! 

And honestly, come Q1 2014, we will have all forgotten about this delay...

Unless they mean last week of March.... hopefully not.

#22 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

So I've been musing on WHY Voice of Isengard might be delayed and basically everything comes down to either production or design.  Under production I see two possibilities:  1)  They literally can't get enough production time from their supplier because of some other games that are coming out.  2)  They can't get all of the art work done in time due to their large art needs.

Or design... This is where it gets interesting.  Since the Doomed player cards were spoiled I've been worried about the mechanic.  For one thing, I've been using Strider all through the Gondor cycle and thought I would be moving on to a new hero for Rohan, but with that mechanic Strider becomes SO powerful it's crazy.  Everybody will want him on game night.  (And with the ruling that his ability can be used once for each player in the game it borders on game breaking.)  So that's kind of where I think the issue really lies.  I've a feeling that they found something in play testing that they felt they needed to address and so had to delay the release.

Obviously this is all pure speculation, but we have plenty of time to do it.

"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#23 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

So I've been musing on WHY Voice of Isengard might be delayed and basically everything comes down to either production or design.  Under production I see two possibilities:  1)  They literally can't get enough production time from their supplier because of some other games that are coming out.  2)  They can't get all of the art work done in time due to their large art needs.

Or design... This is where it gets interesting.  Since the Doomed player cards were spoiled I've been worried about the mechanic.  For one thing, I've been using Strider all through the Gondor cycle and thought I would be moving on to a new hero for Rohan, but with that mechanic Strider becomes SO powerful it's crazy.  Everybody will want him on game night.  (And with the ruling that his ability can be used once for each player in the game it borders on game breaking.)  So that's kind of where I think the issue really lies.  I've a feeling that they found something in play testing that they felt they needed to address and so had to delay the release.

Obviously this is all pure speculation, but we have plenty of time to do it.

Strider as a Spirit Glorifindel was broken from the begin. I was pretty sure one day errata will come for them. With new cycle Strider become crazy powerful. We will get errata for him or something. 

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#24 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

That is indeed bad news. I hope Stone of Erech fills the void, but the delays we've had with this game this year don't inspire me.

"I like not this news - bring me some other news!"

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#25 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

if it is delayed because of a found fault then i see this as good news- better to change them now instead of errata

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#26 Djenni

Djenni

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

if it is delayed because of a found fault then i see this as good news- better to change them now instead of errata

rich

Agreed, although i find this an unlikely cause of the delay since nearly every lotr release these past months has been delayed.

Most likely the only Icelandic LOTR LCG gamer around these parts.

#27 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

I do think it's a good sign if the delay is because they found something that needs to be fixed - and it's only speculation that there lies the problem.  On the other hand, while everything has been behind schedule for the most part, they've never told us a quarter in advance that they were going to miss.  Heck, it was less than a quarter ago that they gave the schedule!

"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#28 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'd rather have a delay and a more enjoyable final product than have it released on time but be disappointing, particularly considering the recent weakness of the adventure packs - its the deluxe/saga expansions that are holding my interest in the game.

#29 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

rich

Come on, this is FFG we are talking about. There will be errata anyways, just because FFG does it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS