Errata for Black Riders: Knife in the Dark Stage 3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pacificus

Pacificus

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

I believe it is supposed to read as follows, otherwise it is game over for less than 3 players...

When Revealed: Add Weathertop and The Witch-king to the staging area. Search the encounter deck and discard pile and add X Nazgûl to the staging area where X is twice the number of players. Shuffle the encounter deck.

#2 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I don't know how to win this adventure. Always lots of Nazguls engage me, impossible to win.

In spanish the text is:

...Busca en el mazo y en la pila de descartes de Encuentros y añade cada Enemigo Nazgul encontrado al área de preparación.

Translation could be: Search the encounter deck and discard pila and add ALL Nazgul enemy to the staging área.

PD: crazy

Edited by Mndela, 21 October 2013 - 02:33 PM.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#3 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

It does indeed say ALL Nazgul.  It is hard but not impossible. I don't think it needs errata.  This just makes it VERY important to keep the out-of-play Ringwraith cards just that: out of play, not in the encounter deck or discard pile.  If you are successful, on stage 3 you will have only 3 Nazgul to deal with.  Gotta keep your threat low and engage them one at a time.

• Pacificus likes this

#4 Pacificus

Pacificus

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thank you GrandSpleen--that is exactly the illumination I was hoping to get.  When my friends and I played it we (really I) erroneously started with ALL the Ringwraiths in the deck. (believe/not we still survived Weathertop but lost three heroes along the way)  

Point being that I did not realize the Ringwraiths are supposed to stay out of play unless the players make certain decisions, and you are simply saying be careful about those decision.  It was hard for me to believe that FFG could have gotten something like this so badly wrong and now I see they did not.  

#5 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

It does indeed say ALL Nazgul.  It is hard but not impossible. I don't think it needs errata.  This just makes it VERY important to keep the out-of-play Ringwraith cards just that: out of play, not in the encounter deck or discard pile.  If you are successful, on stage 3 you will have only 3 Nazgul to deal with.  Gotta keep your threat low and engage them one at a time.

Sure. I played wrong the first time. I left to enter to play the Nazguls by Bill during 4 rounds.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS