Photo

'Float like a butterfly, sting like a.......

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

SLEDGEHAMMER

I am not a swarm flyer, but I am a lover of the Empire's ships and the Firespray and Tie/In especially.

With the advent of the new Aces pack I can see a new elite build making its way onto my battle list. I already like running my 2 ship Firespray lists pretty much more than anything.

The list below just begs to be perfected. It has no real hope in a head on fight, but then we won't be going head on. This list is a movement piece of art, a symphony of motion and synergy of abilities on individual ships. The ability to now get TL's on Squints changes the dynamic for me. I can now race behind you, TL and then turn 180 next turn and shoot with a lock, not to mention all the other cool stuff these ships can do. It's stay out at range 3 and then dart in when the opportunity arises.

Can't wait to try it out.

35 points
Soontir Fel
Push the Limit, Stealth Device, Royal Guard Tie, Targeting Computer

31points
Turr Phennir
Veteran Instincts, Stealth Device, Royal Guard Tie, Targeting Computer

34 points
Carnor Jax
Push the Limit, Stealth Device, Royal Guard Tie, Targeting Computer

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#2 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

If Captain Yorr winds up being able to make Opportunist go recursive, I'd drop Turr Phennir for him. Soontir Fel would have an Alpha Strike of up to 7 dice, target locked and focused.
And he'd get it again in a few turns of Yorr's green maneuvers.
And Carnor Jax prevents the defensive actions' use, and more importantly prevents them from being done in the first place, so Soontir Fel should always have a target.

"Should" meaning "Captain Yorr ought to pick up an Intel Agent, just in case"

#3 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

I actually hope it doesn't work that way as that is a broken combo in my opinion, this should be a fun flight though :-)

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

#4 yoink101

yoink101

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

I would love to see more flights like that. Your combo of soontir fel and turr phenir (minus the two new cards) is already one of my favorite imperial combos. Two interceptors at ps 9? Yes please! I just home that it stands up to something like a tie swarm.

#5 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

New FAQ adresses the Yorr's recursiveness.

Q: Can a card effect be used as many times as desired when a ship has the opportunity to use it?

A: No. A card effect can be used once per opportunity. For example, the opportunity on the Luke Skywalker Ship card is “when defending,” so he can only use his ability once against each enemy attack.

Edited by Sergovan, 19 October 2013 - 11:12 AM.

• DraconPyrothayan likes this

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 YT-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 GR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11/11; (S)3/11;(AoIA)2/3; [R]12/28; (S) 9/10; (S) 3/6;         

#6 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

Excellent, I missed that.

#7 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Where can I find the new FAQ?

#8 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Under the support section on this site mate.

#9 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Q: Can a card effect be used as many times as desired when a ship has the opportunity to use it?

A: No. A card effect can be used once per opportunity. For example, the opportunity on the Luke Skywalker Ship card is “when defending,” so he can only use his ability once against each enemy attack.

Just FYI, dark red text is pretty hard on the eyes against a dark blue background. ;)

Rebel Alliance: 7 X-wings, 5 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90, 5 Z-95 Headhunters, 1 E-wing

Galactic Empire: 7 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers, 2 TIE Interceptors, 3 181st TIE interceptors, 3 Royal Guard Interceptors

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

#10 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Just FYI, dark red text is pretty hard on the eyes against a dark blue background. ;)

Yeah, Im not a fan of it, but if I change it to white, it disappears into the message creating window. I used bright green for better contrast. I'll see if it retroactively can apply it...

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 YT-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 GR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11/11; (S)3/11;(AoIA)2/3; [R]12/28; (S) 9/10; (S) 3/6;         

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS