• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dydra

Dydra

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hey guys, as most of you have figured out : John Masanori + DLR  is working 

However, when NACH popped up in my hands while browsing the data packs ... this BRILLIANT idea that I could use it in combo with Masanori  was created.

1st click -> Run , jack-out
2nd click -> DLR
3rd click -> DLR  
Use NACH for the tag and STILL HAVE ONE click left !!

Lol , did I fool myself there :D  

The tag should be prevented as it is being received, hence if I pay with NACH, there will be no tag for me to DLR with 2nd and 3rd, right?

While we are on the topic of Opening Moves card, here is an interesting question:

What happens if the runner initiates a run on a server where Jackson Howard is and the corp trashes him, for the effect, before the runner can jack out or anything? Is the run successful or not?

The structure, if there is no ice is :
1) Paid ability window
2) Runner decides to jack out or continue -> hence making run successful if continue and unsuccessful if jacks out
3) Paid ability window, non-ice can be rezzed
4) Run is Successful 
5) Access Cards 

So if I use the first ability window ( 1) to remove Jackson Howard from the game, what happens? The runner has initiated a run, but then the server disappears, before it can be decided if it is successful or not. It becomes void.

I heard that in such cases, the ruling was, that  " it's neither of them" ? It might not seem like a big deal, but if you have Bank Job or John Masanori - THERE IS a difference! 

EDIT: I guess it will be the same situation if he tries to Bank Job an " empty " remote server on which I have Himitsu-Bako. I could bounce my Ice  in my Hand in the first Paid Ability window.  Thus discarding the last and only condition for having a server there. ( same as the situation with Hackson Joward) 

Edited by Dydra, 18 October 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#2 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

The tag should be prevented as it is being received, hence if I pay with NACH, there will be no tag for me to DLR with 2nd and 3rd, right?

Right.

I heard that in such cases, the ruling was, that  " it's neither of them" ? 

The FAQ is your friend: "If there are no cards installed in or protecting a remote server, then the server immediately ceases to exist. If a server ceases to exist during a run, the run immediately ends. Unless the run has passed step 4.4 of the timing structure of a run, it is not considered to be successful or unsuccessful."

#3 Dydra

Dydra

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

I don't know which version of the FAQ you are reading, but the PDF I found doesn't seem to say anything about that :)

Still, many thanks !

#4 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

I don't know which version of the FAQ you are reading, but the PDF I found doesn't seem to say anything about that :)

Still, many thanks !

You might want to download the newest FAQ then (though the section has been there in the previous version as well). You can find the relevant passage under "Destruction of Servers" on page 3.

#5 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

I highly recommend bookmarking this page:

http://www.fantasyfl...eidm=207&esem=4

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS