• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Theofonias

Theofonias

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

To provide clarification:

A little over a year ago (late 2012), FFG and I parted ways for reasons I prefer not to disclose, but which were utterly unrelated to my output as a fan of the games (indeed, it was that output that got me noticed by FFG in the first place). Independently of that, the servers hosting my webpage ceased functioning.

At present, I do not have access to the full and original versions of the files that were on my webpage - they're on my PC hard drive, rather than on my laptop, which I cannot presently use in my current situation (it takes up too much room). Consequently, I can't at this point replace my webpage or its contents. Further, I've been somewhat 'burnt out' on 40k in general (I'm even behind on the Horus Heresy novels, in spite of my best efforts) for the last year or so, meaning that I'm not likely to get back to completing various fan projects until I've cleared my head somewhat.

I thank everyone who has shown interest and enthusiasm for my work, both professional and personal, over the past few years.

Is there something that we, as a community, could do to help you get access to those files? Thank you for providing insight into the situation and thank you for producing such quality work for us fanboys.  

#22 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

To provide clarification:

A little over a year ago (late 2012), FFG and I parted ways for reasons I prefer not to disclose, but which were utterly unrelated to my output as a fan of the games (indeed, it was that output that got me noticed by FFG in the first place). Independently of that, the servers hosting my webpage ceased functioning.

At present, I do not have access to the full and original versions of the files that were on my webpage - they're on my PC hard drive, rather than on my laptop, which I cannot presently use in my current situation (it takes up too much room). Consequently, I can't at this point replace my webpage or its contents. Further, I've been somewhat 'burnt out' on 40k in general (I'm even behind on the Horus Heresy novels, in spite of my best efforts) for the last year or so, meaning that I'm not likely to get back to completing various fan projects until I've cleared my head somewhat.

I thank everyone who has shown interest and enthusiasm for my work, both professional and personal, over the past few years.

Is there something that we, as a community, could do to help you get access to those files? Thank you for providing insight into the situation and thank you for producing such quality work for us fanboys.  

The original files are all Word Documents, rather than PDFs (I converted to PDF before uploading), so no. I'd need the original files I worked on to get everything back as it was. The webpage is down because I don't have a server hosting the content - it's just a domain name leading nowhere at the moment - which is a logistical issue on my end of things.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

#23 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Just want to say that while you and I agreed on a number of issues, I knew that when you worked on something it usually produced quality results.

Alex

PS Doing a timeout (busying yourself with other stuff) helps a lot. :P

Edited by ak-73, 05 February 2014 - 12:07 PM.

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#24 Lord Master Igneus

Lord Master Igneus

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

If you're looking for Eldar enemies just use the Koronus Bestiary from rogue trader. It has everything you could need for eldar encounters in it!

#25 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

-And in that vein, the Rogue Trader adventure The Soul Reaver has (almost) everything you could need to use Dark Eldar as adversaries. I've used those stats in Deathwatch- here are my observations on how well they port over.

#26 Lord Master Igneus

Lord Master Igneus

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

-And in that vein, the Rogue Trader adventure The Soul Reaver has (almost) everything you could need to use Dark Eldar as adversaries. I've used those stats in Deathwatch- here are my observations on how well they port over.

I was not aware of that! I will have to procure that for myself. Thank you!

#27 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

You should find that the Soul Reaver stats are up to the same standard as the Children of Isha ones - they come from the same source, afterall. I wrote all the non-Adventure content in Soul Reaver (the Kabalite Warrior PC rules, the bestiary, the armoury, the vehicles and the starships).

As an aside, I've now moved hosts and am now beginning the slow process of rebuilding. I thank you all for your patience and understanding.

• Lord Master Igneus likes this

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS