Children of Isha

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Theofonias

Theofonias

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I've been looking around for it and all I can't find NO-1_H3r3's Eldar write up.  The only one I've found that doesn't 404 is the scribd page and I'm not really wanting to spend money on a write up that was made to be a free source for the community.  Thanks for any help you guys can come up with.

#2 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I have it, I asked him about it originally, not that he wrote it at my request, but it came from that thread. That said, I wonder why he took it down. I'd want to get his permission, in case there was legal issues.

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

...That said, I wonder why he took it down...

If I was a suspicious person (and I am) I would suspect that the removal of this project might be a hint that NO-1_H3r3 (a freelance writer for FFG) is currently- and secretly- working on an official Eldar project. Just say'n...

#4 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

I thought that too. We will see.

#5 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

While an official thing would be cool, I'm disappointed if he was asked to take private work down that was not covered by a non-compete/NDA. I know freelancers from other game systems/companies who were extremely prolific with their homebrew before they were hired, and while they did not contribute to homebrew more after employment due to non-compete/right of first refusal type clauses, they didn't delete their libraries of custom stuff from the net.

#6 Theofonias

Theofonias

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

I have it, I asked him about it originally, not that he wrote it at my request, but it came from that thread. That said, I wonder why he took it down. I'd want to get his permission, in case there was legal issues.

I'd appreciate it if you did get his permission for us.  I thought that maybe he just got tired of paying for a hosting fee or something.  

I hope he didn't get in any legal trouble.  I thought he was doing original write ups.

#7 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I mean, I can try, but I asked about it on the forum. I don't know him personally, I'd send him a Private Message or an e-mail.

#8 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Any response?

If not, will you consider sharing still?

#9 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Nathan indicated he and FFG parted ways based on "personal" reasons. He said as much in one of the earlier DH2e threads. I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to read The Children Of Isha, because much of his other stuff was pretty damn good.

Edited by Brother Orpheo, 06 November 2013 - 05:29 AM.

=][=

#10 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

Dang, that sucks. 

Edited by Kshatriya, 06 November 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#11 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Just an FYI to anyone interested, I found an upload of Children of Isha on Scribd.

#12 Theofonias

Theofonias

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Just an FYI to anyone interested, I found an upload of Children of Isha on Scribd.

Yeah but don't you have to pay to get it?

#13 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm not sure when Scribd went to pay access, but I guess so. To me it's worth it.

#14 Theofonias

Theofonias

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'm not sure when Scribd went to pay access, but I guess so. To me it's worth it.

I'm going to pay the 9 bucks and then host it on my google cloud for you guys to snag up.

#15 Theofonias

Theofonias

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Got it for free.

Here you go guys enjoy:

https://skydrive.liv...2B8F7F263A!1697

• Green Knight and Kshatriya like this

#16 Fist of Crimson

Fist of Crimson

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

@Theofonias, dude, one word for you, legend

• Theofonias likes this

It is not wise to ask the Dark Angels if they can 'keep a secret'.

#17 Theofonias

Theofonias

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

@Theofonias, dude, one word for you, legend

Glad to contribute to the community :)

#18 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Not to mention NO-1_H3r3, haha.

#19 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Definitely one of my favorite pdfs, but I sort of thought, back then, that it probably went down when Koronus Bestiary came out. Not DW-template, of course, but conflicting stuff might not be popular, so he might've yanked it when "official Eldar" were released in a FFG book.

#20 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

To provide clarification:

A little over a year ago (late 2012), FFG and I parted ways for reasons I prefer not to disclose, but which were utterly unrelated to my output as a fan of the games (indeed, it was that output that got me noticed by FFG in the first place). Independently of that, the servers hosting my webpage ceased functioning.

At present, I do not have access to the full and original versions of the files that were on my webpage - they're on my PC hard drive, rather than on my laptop, which I cannot presently use in my current situation (it takes up too much room). Consequently, I can't at this point replace my webpage or its contents. Further, I've been somewhat 'burnt out' on 40k in general (I'm even behind on the Horus Heresy novels, in spite of my best efforts) for the last year or so, meaning that I'm not likely to get back to completing various fan projects until I've cleared my head somewhat.

I thank everyone who has shown interest and enthusiasm for my work, both professional and personal, over the past few years.

• Vandegraffe likes this

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS