Worlds 2013 faq is Out!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hybrid

Hybrid

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

How if at all will the changes contained within the faq effect the winning 2013 N. American championship deck? How beatable is Toms' deck and is it as game and meta warping as some claim? 

#2 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

As far as I can see: not at all. This is the third time the new FAQ ruins my deck because it now contains three restricted cards. I'm no longer quite sure why I was hoping for a new FAQ before the European Championship. It seems to make things worse than they were before.

#3 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

The Y-Train deck will lose Shocking Transformation and Marcus Jamburg.  This might make it a little harder - but it is still a T1 deck easily and will be difficult to beat.

#4 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I don't understand the need to restrict a (5-cost!) card from the faction that is largely considered the least competitive. Other than restricting Shocking Transformation, which will make Y-train (among other decks) less able to destroy supports on demand, not much appears to have changed. They did FAQ a rule that disallows infinitely triggering effects that are out of play, and hence have no limit technically, but frankly, that's something that they should have caught in the initial design phase of development of this mechanic. Even the apparent "fix" still has a few bugs, since FAQ entry 2.9 says out-of-play triggers should have the "limit 1 per..." designator, when most of the triggers from the discard say "limit once per...," which the FAQ entry says is for in-play effects.

Very confusing and perplexing.

#5 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

They restricted both Logan and Shocking Transformation because they were the two pieces required for an infinite combo. By restricting only one of them, you would still be able to use the combo.

Well, except they already errataed the Shub Necronomicon, so the infinite combo no longer worked, anyway. I can only assume, they're worried about similar combos. I'm quite sure they're _not_ worried about playing Logan the hard way, i.e. by paying its cost.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS