• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

Also, good that you put your site in the signature! Just hyperlink that!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#62 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

Great idea!  ...and (drum roll please)...hyperlinked!

By the way, if I didn't mention it...Richard Launius contacted me asking us to consider making card holders for Eldrich Horror!

!!! 1,000 Posts !!!

• dj2.0 likes this

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#63 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

By the way, if I didn't mention it...Richard Launius contacted me asking us to consider making card holders for Eldrich Horror!

!!! 1,000 Posts !!!

And I'll back you, if the game is any good (preordered my copy from Amazon.fr a couple of days ago. Got it for almost half the usual retail price. Even if I was skeptical about the game... I couldn't resist the taunt of the discount :P )

(And I'd totally love if you could realize a couple of Card Holders for Elder Sign... Adventure cards and OW cards especially...)

(but then you won't probably love me any more because you should afford shipping *again* to Italy... what a mess... still can't believe my eyes for what they read in your PM)

And... CONGRATS JOE!!!! (both for the big improvements in the hyperlinking art :P and for scoring 1K post!)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#64 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

!!! 1,000 Posts !!!

And I'll back you, if the game is any good (preordered my copy from Amazon.fr a couple of days ago. Got it for almost half the usual retail price. Even if I was skeptical about the game... I couldn't resist the taunt of the discount :P )

(And I'd totally love if you could realize a couple of Card Holders for Elder Sign... Adventure cards and OW cards especially...)

(but then you won't probably love me any more because you should afford shipping *again* to Italy... what a mess... still can't believe my eyes for what they read in your PM)

And... CONGRATS JOE!!!! (both for the big improvements in the hyperlinking art :P and for scoring 1K post!)

They're giving it for 45 euro now...just as on amazon.uk <_< How long did the discount last, half a day? :lol:

But, if Joe's going to make card holders for it, it means a deluxe edition may be published... :P  So I'm going to hold the horses and not buy for now. Also, I'm not done pimping up my Arkham yet!

#65 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

They're giving it for 45 euro now...just as on amazon.uk <_< How long did the discount last, half a day? :lol:

But, if Joe's going to make card holders for it, it means a deluxe edition may be published... :P  So I'm going to hold the horses and not buy for now. Also, I'm not done pimping up my Arkham yet!

No idea... I picked it up for 36 EUR, which was a fairly reasonable price, but I guess it didn't last that long... on the same day, some hours later, a friend of mine tried to get a copy and it was already 10 EUR higher. Still, if interested, may I suggest you to consider bookdepository.com as an option? It's an English site (so, no customs within EU), with free shipping worldwide, with all FFG games in stock and some super discounts (they are selling MoM Call of the Wild for 23 EUR right now, for instance, which is totally an awesome price, considering the 60 you're usually asked on average)

As for pimping Arkham... did you get Joe's stuff as well? Or? Just curious :)

#66 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Julia,

Thanks for the kind words!  If you have a chance, please check-out the site...I'm craving feedback!

Tox,

I will gladly assist you in the "pimping" of your game!  As I mentioned to Julia, please check out our website as I'm always looking to improve ~ the site serves as not only our "front window" to the store, but the way in which we communicate (in addition to Updates to our Backers via Kickstarter) to everyone.

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

#67 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Joe, I checked, and wrote this comment with hubby ten minutes ago:

"Joe,
so happy the site is finally launched and that Crafthulhu is becoming a reality for the Arkham gaming community and not just a transient, lucid dream about a newly arisen city ready to be sunk again in the ocean. It's a dream made true, a milestone to measure quality, a place where art meets ludic passion and becomes something new, never seen before.
Wish you many further steps in this great adventure, and I really hope to see your catalogue getting bigger, involving other Lovecraftian games, from Mansions to Elder Sign and Eldritch Horror.
Best of luck my friend!

JULIA & ANDREA"

point is that I can't post it unless I subscribe to squarespace (no intention) or use my FB account, but about this we spoke a lot in previous occasions. So, there is no chance for me to comment. But yes, if you want you can use the above comment and autopost it (if possible) or just let me know a possible different solution! I'm glad to help, but I don't know how!

#68 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Julia,

You are a sweetheart!  I will try to figure how to have you post it...in the interim, I'll post it.

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

#69 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Happy you're happy :) Sweetheart Julie now off to bed! See you tomorrow guys :)

#70 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

I made a comment over at your site, Joe. But I also would like to have a comment function that does not require to login via google+ etc. Hope there is something useful for your team in my suggestions there ;)

#71 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Schwaig,

Thank you very much for the comments ~ they're brilliant and exactly the kind of detailed feedback I need to improve the site.  I'm sending them wholesale to the Customer Support Team for assistance.  Also, I find out how best to have folks like yourself log-in to post.

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

#72 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Joe, you could open a specific thread in the Fan Creation section of the forum. Or on the main board. Here, attatched to the end of a different thread, maybe you don't have the visibility you deserve :)

Back to work now. I'll try to mail you later

#73 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

Julia,

You are, as always, brilliant!

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

#74 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

Julia,

Thanks for the kind words!  If you have a chance, please check-out the site...I'm craving feedback!

Tox,

I will gladly assist you in the "pimping" of your game!  As I mentioned to Julia, please check out our website as I'm always looking to improve ~ the site serves as not only our "front window" to the store, but the way in which we communicate (in addition to Updates to our Backers via Kickstarter) to everyone.

Cheers,

Joe

Joe, as I've said before, I think they're really gorgeous pieces, but I'm limited by 2 things: cost (plus shipping...to Italy) and table space. Even if I wanted to spend that much I wouldn't be able to use the pieces because I don't have the room for all of them on my table :lol: Also, I get satisfaction from using pieces I build on my own. So far, I've made stands for the Arkham Encounter decks, holders for the Mythos and OW Encounters decks, an eldritch book for holding components, a wooden box for storing board-expansion components, sculpted gate stands and 6 sculpted seals (big ones, so they're visible). The quality is home-made to average, and the materials are whatever I get my hands on, but I'm proud of them and always trying to improve them (going to re-do the seals, paint or etch the expansion box, re-do the arcane book with leather, etc.). But the most important thing, they're made to fit on my table, together with the base board, an expansion board and space enough for 4 investigators! :D

#75 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

Tox,

I greatly appreciate the "gorgeous pieces" comment ~ as a long-time driver of a Honda, I appreciate the look of a Lexus, but I know that can afford a Honda.  I'm excite for you in that you've created pieces that work for your space and your style...that's absolutely awesome!

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

#76 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Tox,

I greatly appreciate the "gorgeous pieces" comment ~ as a long-time driver of a Honda, I appreciate the look of a Lexus, but I know that can afford a Honda.  I'm excite for you in that you've created pieces that work for your space and your style...that's absolutely awesome!

Cheers,

Joe

It's true, the details are incredible, and they have a really solid and quality look to them. I'd love to see them painted, too. Have you considered doing a new edition of each "main" piece, but changing the GOO theme (they're all pretty Cthulhu-esque, with tentacles and such). Like, a GOO Display but with something resembling Yog-Sothoth or Shub-Niggurath instead of Cthulhu. A Chaugnar Faugn's Caldera, etc.

Edited by Tox, 07 November 2013 - 04:36 PM.

• Julia likes this

#77 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Tox,

Right now, Rob is teaming-up with a professional smalls painter in Philadelphia to paint five sets earmarked for our Arch-Patriarchs (the highest level Backers from our Kickstarter Project).  Once she's done, I'll make sure that we get some great pics on the website.

Unfortunately, I possess the artisitc talent of a three year old...and slightly worse crayon skills, which means I need to rely on my good friend and Artist, Rob to produce these pieces.  Given the amount of time and effort he needed to expend on the first seven pieces, coupled with trying to juggle his professional and personal life, I don't see anything in the near future.  I'm crazy about the idea, but right now...probably not.  I had wanted to start a line of thematic line of Neighborhood Displays for each of the expansions, but sadly to no avail.   

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by The Professor, 07 November 2013 - 05:00 PM.

The Professor

#78 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Tox, by chance, if you have some pictures upped somewhere of your personal storage solutions for Arkham, I'd love to look at them :)

#79 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

I second that request!

The Professor

#80 Craftseeker

Craftseeker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

I got a copy of Arkham Horror a couple of days ago and delved into the world of Cthulhu et al. Can I just say a big thank you to all the folks on this forum that spend time answering the 'noobs' questions. You have clarified, highlighted and reminded me of lot of the rules that if I was rulebook dependant would of been overlooked, forgotten or misinterpreted. 

I do have a couple of question on a bizarre event on a play through last night.

My mate had an encounter at the historical society that forced him to the woods and draw another 2 encounters there and decide which one to play.

The Woods had a gate on it - does he fall through the gate become delayed and not have an encounter at the woods or does he deal out two encounters at the wood choose one, resolve and continues next turn as normal.

The next question is about allies - once an ally is taken out of the game can they come back in when another card says select for instance Duke as your ally even though Duke with his super canine senses left town when the terror track increased for the first time.

• dj2.0 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS