83 replies to this topic

#81 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

(...)

Can't wait to see a Lathe-Wrought Sanctified Artificer Armour w/ Deflective Construction & Lumen-Heraldry.

And I want to stress that this would still have a lower Acquisition modifier than a Unique item; Sanctified Artificer Armour and Lathe-Wrought are both Near-Unique, so Lathe-Wrought actually only adds +5. Deflective Construction adds +2 AP against Rending and Explosive damage, and Lumen-Heraldry adds +10 to Intimidate & Command.

Can anyone say brokeeeeeeeeen?

Remember also that Lathe-wrought its inherently of best quality.

Lathe version of Sanctified Artificier Amour is in fact a lot "cheaper" (-55) then BQ Sanctified Artificier Armour (-80).

Meaning RT can get almost terminator-level AP (with ability to run and dodge) easier than a terminator amour.

I did actually think of that, I just think I forgot to say it.

But yeah, this.. is all pretty broken.

In particular, it struck me as a really bad idea to allow armour upgrades to be "inherently of best craftsmanship" in that the craftsmanship is then not taken into account for acquisition modifiers.

When it comes to upgrades such as Lathe-Wrought, it most definitely should force you to take Best-craftsmanship and then pay the Acquisition Modifier for it.

There's so many sections that needs to get reworded for things like this to work appropriately with eachother across the books.. Let's just end it on the note that Faith and Coin is a great book, but with tables that could use heavy reworking.

The adventure is supposedly great (it looks great; I haven't played it myself).

All the fluff is great.

The alternate careers are arguably a bit powerful sometimes, and some of the special talents are a bit lackluster, but overall they are fluff-rich, fitting and really great.

It's got beautiful art.

It's got terrible tables and overpowered items that will require houseruling and GM-calls to not be abused.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#82 Wincent

Wincent

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:02 AM

Fair enough. And I completly agree - everything in this book except tables is great in itself and as a inspiration.

We've even get our own Indiana Johnes!

Julius Marquette is my personal fav missionary and it's pity he doesn't got "his" alternative carrier option.

#83 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Something I forgot: Near-Unique and Unique items does not benefit from Scale, which would otherwise be +30 for a single item.

It's not very relevant in context, since I was musing on Near-Unique vs. Unique, but it does mean that the gap between Artificer Armour and Sanctified Artificer Armour is significantly wider than I originally thought.

...and it STILL should be rarer than Extremely Rare.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#84 Jetpack

Jetpack

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

Great thread.  It's convinced me to pick up the book.  I only GM for my wife, and we mostly play diceless, so the broken items aren't too important to us.  Sounds like there is enough fluff for us.

Thanks to all of you!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS