Is Crippling cumulative?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

A Crippling (1) weapon hits you 4 times. Do you now take 4 damage every time you perform more than a Half Action?

#2 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

yes or the higer one count like crippling (1) ot cripling (4) which case the (4) count..

in reallity or if we want to play more real like count each wound seperate...

"I am determined to prove a villain

And hate the idle pleasures of these days."

KING RICHARD III

#3 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

No.

p149:

When a target suffers at least one wound from this

weapon they count as being “crippled” for the remainder of

the encounter or until healed of all Damage.

If a crippled character takes more than a Half Action on their turn, they

suffer Rending Damage equal to the number in parenthesis

(X). This Damage is not reduced by armour or Toughness.

However, if the target was hit and wounded by a Crippling (1) and a Crippling (4) weapon, I would apply the Crippled (4) effect.

Edited by Keffisch, 18 October 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#4 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Me again, necroing my own thread.

What if it's two different weapons?

I have a character with a pair of Legacy swords with Legacy of Pain (= they each have Crippling (1)).

What happens if he hits a target with one, and then the other?

I am leaning toward Crippling (1) even if both hit (especially taking into account the post above this one) but am not sure.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 11 December 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#5 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

He takes damage equal to the number in the parens, as per quote from Keffisch.  The number in parentheses for first weapon is one, and the number in parentheses for the second weapon is one, so one.  To rephrase Keffisch:

However, if the target was hit and wounded by a Crippling (1) and a Crippling (1) weapon, I would apply the Crippled (1) effect.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#6 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

OK, so the first weapoin hits and applies Crippling (1); the second hits and applies Crippling (1). Since Crippling (1) is already in effect when the second weapon hits, nothing changes.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 11 December 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#7 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

That's how I think it reads.  You could encourage him to keep trying and eventually grant him access to a custom talent that lets him add the two together as long as he's dual-wielding- bumping it to Crip(2), which isn't that great a buff, but might be worth a tier 2 talent, probably Khorne aligned.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#8 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

I think the legacy effects will be good enough as his CPs climb. I'll keep it as it is I think, Thankee

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS