Dreams of European Arkham Nights

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

So, as some of you may know, I contacted FFGs Organised Play Associate, Stuart Wilson, about the prospect of organizing a European Arkham Nights event. I was keen to know if they had such plans, and if not were they interested in helping us create one here. I received a swift reply -

"I passed it around and there is some interest in this, but it's too late for us to help organize anything this year. Could you follow up in the spring? That would give us time to consider it fully and potentially plan for a fall event."

I had not imagined anything happening this year and told Stuart it would be out of the question as it would take us at least a year to get properly dressed for it. I thanked him on our behalf and suggested contacting him again in March. This thread will now die a premature death in extreme agony until the Resurrection Powder is sprinkled on it in 5 months time.

This is pretty much what I expected at this time of year, its pretty difficult to get new ideas on the table in the run up to the holiday season, but I remain very hopeful of something taking shape for us,if not next year then the following year, assuming interest does not wane.
  • Julia and eagermind like this

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

Hey, Dj,

to me these are great news :) They didn't say "no interest", they didn't say "sure, do it yourself, pay for it and then we could consider sticking our logo on it". It seems like a reasonable answer that allows hope. Additionally, waiting some months in order to have something properly organized sounds totally fair for me :)

Thanks again for sparkling the (green) flame.

Let's wait :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

Do you want me to start a specific thread on the BGG?

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#4 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

Yes that's a great idea. The earlier people have it in their awareness the bigger it can get. I also agree - encouraging news! It is pretty much what I expected and I think FFG were waiting for this spark to be supplied by us. We are so far away that having contacts here is a must.
This thread is that which is not dead and can eternal lie, waiting patiently...

#5 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

Ok, I'll post there in a minute!

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

Here is the thread I opened at the Geek :)

• dj2.0 likes this

#7 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

Great News! I hope they wont forget when the time comes. And if there is organizing to be done by ourselves I would probably be willing to join in...

• dj2.0 likes this

#8 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

If we have a costume party, why don't we all pitch in together and go as giant Azathoth? Lol
Ok, so the word is out, the bait was nibbled by Cthulhu, now we wait for her to bite.
Start the clock.
If i actually end up being in the same room as you guys this time next year, don't tell anyone out there about my third head.
Whoops. It let the cat out of the bag again...
  • Avi_dreader likes this

#9 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

:laughter:

If the owner of the place knows Arkham, he could read the Azathoth coming as a terrible premonition for the conditions of the place the morning after :P

• dj2.0 likes this

#10 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

If this actually happens, I call dibs on Rex Murphy right now :)

• dj2.0 likes this

#11 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

Ok :) And my friend Cat will be dressed as Mandy :) I'll go for Zoey :)

• dj2.0 likes this

#12 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:22 AM

Anything new on this topic? 

Winter is coming going, and Spring is coming ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS