Photo

Is this game still getting content from FFG?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Caesura

Caesura

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hey guys - I picked up the core set when it first released, along with the adventure toolkit.

I didn't actually really get to dive into it due to life in general - and eventually (finally!) got a chance to sit down and get acquainted with the set. It looks like a great game - and I'm excited to give it a shot - however I noticed that there really hasn't been anything released for it recently...

Is this version being "retired" soon? Would I be better off at not investing in the expansions and picking up the next edition instead ?

Also - as a side question - I'm a big fan of the High Elves in warhammer - which expansions or supplements add careers/rules or fluff for them?

Thanks!

#2 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

If I remember correctly, the head guy for the line got a serious illness. Which put the line on the backburner. I very much doubt it has stopped though. Except for an elf expansion, we pretty much have a complete game. So there are not as many big boxes to publish as there was in the beginning.

The missing pieces can actually mostly be filled out with POD expansion for different careers and such.

Edited by Ralzar, 18 October 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#3 batronoban

batronoban

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

The Core books will be reprinted, it's a good news !

#4 darkgritty

darkgritty

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

If I remember correctly, the head guy for the line got a serious illness. Which put the line on the backburner.

If you mean lead designer, he works on Star Wars now, which is being actively developed.

#5 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I just checked to upcoming list. Core box, GM's Guide and Adventurer's Toolkit are showing on the list. As in development. I have no idea what this could mean though? Why would they need to develop them. Unless it is only a placeholder like "we'll get there some time". I remember Gears of War being at the end of the list (similarly "in development") for something like three years.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#6 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

As they are listed as reprints I'm guessing it means that they have not started printing them yet (as that's the next step in the "status ladder"), but that they intend to reprint them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS