• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wolftame

Wolftame

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi!

I have an Elemental doing a  fire attack against 2 adjacent targets and play the Critical hit OL card for +3 damage. Now I wonder, do I select one target to receive the bonus damage or do they both get +3? Card only says to add damage to the target attacked, but they both are...

#2 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

To clarify, the OL card Critical Blow adds the following ability to the attack: "(Surge): +3 (Heart)"

Surge abilities are added to the attack as a whole.  The bonus damage would be dealt to each figure affected by the attack, whether they are targeted or not.

#3 griton

griton

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

As an addendum (just in case it wasn't clear), you ALSO have to roll a surge on the attack that isn't spent for anything else. Thankfully, you play the card after rolling dice, so you'll know if you have that spare surge.

#4 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Ahh, the beauty of Basic 2 - Mental Error.  Target that Warrior to get +2 damage +1 surge with a shadow dragon/hell hound fire breathing attack :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS