Blood of Gondor available

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

I think one problem is the change up from the Heirs box. In order to have a chance against those quests I had to build a power deck. I was expecting that I would need that power on the rest of the Gondor quests, and Steward's Fear made it look like I was right. But then Druadan came out and it wasn't so hard. "The next one will be," I told myself. And I've done that for a few months now.

FFG set the bar pretty high and then lowered it back again. I don't like building a new deck all the time so...

Also, Black Riders was soooooo much fun using a Hobbit deck.
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#42 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Also, Black Riders was soooooo much fun using a Hobbit deck.

Agreed!  Was very fun to run through those with characters who fit the theme.  I never did that for the Hobbit boxes, and now I want to go back and use only dwarves who were on the quest... (no Dain!)

#43 Kerstoid

Kerstoid

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

derailing this dying topic real quick:  anyone find it...well not necessarily disappointing; but maybe just surprised that ranger decks are pretty terrible against this scenario?

Got my pack in yesterday and put a ranger deck together using the much anticipated Anborn and pretty much got wrecked.  Had much more success with a leadership/tactics build

I'm late to the conversation as my Blood of Gondor finally arrived in the mail yesterday.

To your point about the Ranger deck, I too was shocked that just one AP after finally getting the much anticipated Faramir hero, we are given 1 (and given the victory narrative) apparently 2 final scenarios in which a Faramir ally objective means that you can't use the Faramir hero!

I've only played the scenario a few times (solo each time) but found that I wasn't making too many decisions during the Stage 1A.  I turned over the hidden cards every time and therefore, never used Alcaron or Faramir for anything except for extra attacking and questing.  Maybe I'm missing something?

I agree that the scenario was a relative breeze with mono-Tactics and it was fun to see the Outlanders stomped a couple times before turning to my Tactics deck (Legolas, Gimli, Beregon, toys and Eagles) which I had constructed for co-op play and never expected to use solo.

My blog at Master of Lore -- Articles on Tolkien's world as seen through the LOTR LCG.

#44 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

I was also really bummed about not being able to use Faramir.

One thing I tried was not using the objective Faramir and using Hero Faramir instead in a Ranger deck.

This was thematically logical and had the added bonus of making the scenario harder!

Try it out and let me know how it goes!

#45 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I played this one through with a few different decks. It does call for a certain type of deck, so i would not call it easy. My first attempts just happened to be with a deck that was a good fit for the scenario, which made it seem easy. But, I am finding that certain decks will struggle on it, even my uber-outlands deck got pretty beat up but prevailed in the end.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#46 kyrie

kyrie

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

I agree with Tracker1. This quest can be easy with a mono-Tactics deck (Beregond being one of the heroes) and you can simply leave the Siege location in the staging area all game and just get a couple of defenders to quest through with relative ease. But even then, there was still a challenge with the hidden card mechanic adding more enemies depending on luck.

Overall, I really liked it and thought it was fun. I am excited to take down the Nazgul in the final scenario and finally get Theoden to run power mono-tactics!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

#47 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Got mt copy will try tonight.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#48 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

Wow is really cool one! I like it! For solo is challenge one. Just try couple of times....

#49 Jekzer

Jekzer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

Wow is really cool one! I like it! For solo is challenge one. Just try couple of times....

Then it's time to make new videos, don't you think? hehe. Well, only if you have time!

It's been a long time since you put your thoughts and gameplay of one on youtube!

#50 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

[quote name="Jekzer" post="905256" timestamp="1384005804"][quote name="Glaurung" post="905207" timestamp="1383992120"]
[/quote]

Then it's time to make new videos, don't you think? hehe. Well, only if you have time!

It's been a long time since you put your thoughts and gameplay of one on youtube![/
quote]
I do video already..... it take 40 min but there is 2 mistakes. Really cool video on the edge every minute. I will make more video now, have time anf my new galaxy note3 have amazing camera
  • Narsil0420 likes this

#51 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Played it solo with my mono tactics deck and won very easily in just four turns. But it looked nice, i believe that with more players it will be quite challenging

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS