Photo

What Faction are You? (yes...another richsabre poll!!)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

thanks for voting spalanzani :)

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#42 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'd say J but since that's a really boring answer I'd say I also end up having a lot of fun with Gondor and often make Gondor decks.

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#43 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

I play everything really.
But at heart I'm: a, (love the silmarillion!)
then h, (I always had a thing with those rangers & dunadan)
Then x, (which is Ents, but they're not in game yet)
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#44 Tsurara

Tsurara

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I have yet to play the game fully but I love Dwarves.. always have!

( I particularly loved the book Dwarves, as well)

#45 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

a) noldor

c) gondor

h) rangers (i consider these seperate from gondor)

I haven't been able to play hardly at all over the last few months...  So if I had to answer this from the start of when I started the game when it released, the Dwarves would be high on my list...  But for a more "recent" lineup (and by recent, I mean I've only been able to do about play about 3 runs through BR since it released, and that's been it for the last few months for me) I've had the above three (not in that particular order).  I finally broke down and started playing double-handed, with a LDR/LORE Ranger'ish deck of Faramir, Coragorn, and Theodred combined with mono-Tactics (Legolas, Bard, Beregond).  For a 4-handed run with a couple friends, I added an all-Hobbit deck (Sam, Merry, Pippin) and a secrecy deck (Glorfindel + Beravor).  I am loving the Rangers, plain and simple.  Even though the traps were not as effective in BR, they will be gold in a majority of the regular AP's... and I see myself running Faramir regularly as a main for me in the future (would like to start creating some different combos of him and the Twins, Beravor, etc).

So Rangers/Dunedain head my current list (and are truthfully the "race" closest to my personality and love of play-style)

:

1) Rangers (Dunedain)

2) Gondor

3) Noldor

4) Hobbits

Edited by benhanses, 30 October 2013 - 05:36 PM.

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#46 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

thanks for voting- i shall update the list

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#47 scottindeed

scottindeed

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

From a thematic view point I like playing with Silvans - more specifically the Lorien elves, though they have yet to be developed enough to make decent decks from (but that doesn't stop me trying!)

Also (again for theme) I love Eagles and Radagast.  So that would be "Creature" I think :-)

#48 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

So many people like playing as Elves!  I have seldom made Elf-focused decks, so I need to do that more.

I myself enjoy my ongoing effort to create the perfect dual Gondor deck setup.  But in the end, my all time favorite faction to play as are the Dwarves.  They are so well rounded and it never becomes dull, especially when you have many Dwarves on the board.  I have yet to have all 13 of Thorin's Company in play at one time, but it is a continued goal of mine!  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS