Photo

What Faction are You? (yes...another richsabre poll!!)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

in warhammer and such games players often field one specific race or faction....orcs, elves, dwarves and so on.

ive noticed a few players say 'im mainly a lore player, or 'spirit player', but ive only seen a few recently say 'im a dwarf player' or 'im a ranger player'.

so what are you? obviously most of us switch, but is there any you mainly play, a lot more than others?

****or if you like....which is most frequently represented in your decks....(so we dont get all 'J' s)

please vote...hopefully all the options are there, including 'all of them equally' :)  some will not get many votes as they havnt really been expanded yet, but i include them for the sake of completion.

those to come in future packs such as isengard havnt been included but can be if you want them

a) noldor

b) silvan

c) gondor

d) rohan

e) dale

f) dwarves

g) hobbits

h) rangers (i consider these seperate from gondor)

i) istari (i know there can only be 5 of them, but a lot of decks are based solely around them so i think hey should be here)

j) mostly equal throughout the race/factions

k) outlands (forgot about them!)

a-4

b-1

c-2

d-4

e

f

g-1

h-1

i

j -4

k-1

Edited by richsabre, 26 October 2013 - 06:14 PM.

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

my vote goes for j- all of them. i go through 'race phases' . for a few months i will play dwarves, then when new packs come out i will often switch to them. at the moment its hobbits, and its likely to stay that way for a long time as ive waited since the start of the game to field hobbits.

if i were to chose order of how often i play what then it would be:

1.noldor

2.dwarves

3. hobbits

#3 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think many will say J since I imagine many players cycle through the different factions, so this category might dilute your results. J would be my pick, but i don't wan't that to be my answer.

I'll take a slightly different twist to the question.
Which is; What faction is usually represented in many of the decks I construct?

Most of the decks I make are usually a mix of factions, but usually one faction seems to make it into many decks more than others, and that is Noldor. These results are skewed due to spirit Glorfindel and his bag of tricks, but other cards like Arwen, Master of the Forge, Rivendell Blade, Gildor, Erestor, Rivendell Minstrel, and Stargazer are great cards, and see alot of play without Glorfindel. Elrond decks are really powerful, and I have recently gotten into using the two brothers again.

So, Noldor cards see the most play and find their way into lots my decks.

Edited by Tracker1, 17 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#4 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

I think that i'm probably technically J... as I do go through phases of trying different spheres and races. I'm not sure that the limited number of cards available for some races (Beorning, Dale, Silvan etc) makes deck building by race really viable for many... 

My default solo deck is primarily made up of A, B & C... heavily favoring Nordor cards (I would really like more Silvan & Nordor options)... and like Tracker1 do tend to include a number of Nordor cards in most decks I build.

1 - Noldor

2 - Silvan 

3 - Gondor 

BR isn't available yet in my country... otherwise Hobbits would have made the list in place of Gondor.

(Re warhammer & 40k; The Empire & High Elves,  Elder & Ultra Marines (though I don't play anymore).. there does seem to be a bit of a trend...)

Edited by chuckles, 17 October 2013 - 04:28 PM.

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

thanks for voting both- i agree with you tracker- most will go for J, which is why i was more going for the 'mainly' ....but i shall make it clearer in the post so people know

rich

Edited by richsabre, 17 October 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#6 Djenni

Djenni

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

My vote would have to be for 'A'.

Like i said in the Blood of Gondor thread, i'm mainly a Lore Elf/Ranger player. Most of my main deck is built around the Noldor trait and i can't wait for a Galadriel Hero so that i can finally build a crazy powerful Elrond, Galadriel and Glorfindel Noldor deck. But currently it consists of Elrond, Aragorn and Glorfindel.

The Ranger trait would definitely come in second along with the Silvan trait.

Edited by Djenni, 17 October 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Most likely the only Icelandic LOTR LCG gamer around these parts.

#7 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

When I play solo, i mostly use noldor characters, Elrond, Glorfindel, Gildor, Stargazer, Arwen are among the ones I never let out. They are followed by creatures (but they are not included, i use a lot the eagles) gondor and rohan, but their row might change with theoden.

1. Noldor
2. Gondor
3. Rohan

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#8 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

FOR GONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

(... and dwarves)

Edited by cordeirooo, 18 October 2013 - 12:15 AM.

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/45646

Zwerg is the guy who made those nice reports with LEGO pieces.

#9 DevastazioneH88

DevastazioneH88

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

I'm more of an elf-like person but right now I'm really, really hobbity XD

#10 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Noldor

Silvan

Rohan

;)

Edited by Mndela, 18 October 2013 - 04:16 AM.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#11 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

Noldor and Rangers go well together. I often prioritise theme over using the best cards. Sometimes a dwarf or silvan finds its way in there as well.

#12 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

thanks for voting everyone- noldor certainly has its fans....myself amongst them.

@olorin93 - which would you say you used more, noldor or rangers?

rich

#13 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

@rich - You know, I wasn't sure, so I went ahead and counted! My hero setup in this case is Elrond/Loragorn/Glorfindel FoS, so that's 2 Noldori (plural?) and one Ranger. As far as allies go in my standard deck, I have 3 Imladris Stargazer, 2 Master of the Forge, 2 Gildor Inglorion, 2 Arwen Undomiel, 2 Rivendell Minstrel and 1 Watcher of the Bruinen (though I should also have 1 Trollshaw Scout, no idea where that got to). For Rangers, I have 2 Northern Tracker, 1 Ithilien Tracker and 1 Ithilien Archer. Haldir and Henamarth are Silvan, and then there are some Gondorian healers and Gandalf cards.

So, in total: 12 Noldori allies (6 unique), 4 Rangers (3 unique) and 2 Silvan. Cards like Son of Arnor would be a great thematic fit, but I don't want to switch a hero, worry about getting Song of Kings or drawing Stargazer and Vilya before any Leadership cards. Is this similar to your build with these heroes (I seem to remember you said you've run the same ones)?

#14 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

yes, that is very similar to some i run, and a great choice in my opinion. usually its frodo instead of elrond, but if i want the extra ally playing power then elrond gets switched in. i also have pretty much the sam allies as they are the best around for noldor

i think its a great deck- have you had a lot of success with it?

rich

#15 Denethor

Denethor

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

As a Steward, my duty is to promote lands of my own. May the king (never) return! :lol:

1. Gondor

2. Rangers

3. Noldor

"The rule of Gondor is mine, and no other's!"

I am also known as "speedy"...

#16 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

With a deck nearly the same as Olorin93 (the major change is that I use either Loragorn or Denethor and I also include Haldir), I have won on first attempt all core set (except dol Guldur), all of Mirkwood cycle AP and all the Khazad Dum quest. Haven't tried it on the rest yet .  And this without the use of any Gandalf in. 

A great deck indeed and the one I love most for certain

Lord of all Noldor

#17 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

1 Watcher of the Bruinen (though I should also have 1 Trollshaw Scout, no idea where that got to). 

Since I always wanted to try these two, but always thought that the discard thing was not the best option, are they really usefull ? 

Lord of all Noldor

#18 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

1 Watcher of the Bruinen (though I should also have 1 Trollshaw Scout, no idea where that got to). 

Since I always wanted to try these two, but always thought that the discard thing was not the best option, are they really usefull ? 

well tactics noldor allies are few, but fortunatly i think 3 copies of each of these in a deck is fine. the discarding can be problematic though, especially in a deck that every card has its function and place.

all the same i really like the two, and they combo well with a twins deck. i think its probably best in a high card drawing deck that can give you plenty of choice in what you discard- so foe hammer is key

rich

Edited by richsabre, 18 October 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#19 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

I played a long time Noldor, but my favorite faction is Rohan - so I can not wait for some hero Rohan of Leadership. Theoden and Eomer are great, but so far I've played for 3 players (December join our group  fourth player), and one player in particular loves the sphere of tactics so they are reserved for him.

I look forward to the Voice of Isengard and I have secretly hope that the second Hero will be from the sphere of leadership.
Since in our group, that I create the decks for other players, I hope to created four great decks based on Rohan and Gondor. but it's possible that I would have to wait until the end of cycle Ring-maker.

I would also like to have enlarged faction Dunedain.

Edited by 13thcaesar, 18 October 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#20 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Then I can during the game scream "This is F@#$*% Rohan!  :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS