Just a few rule questions.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kjun

Kjun

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

1. Is there a maximum limit you can have with cards being in your hand?

2. If I were to attack lets say green based challenge and my opponent loses the challenge, but doesn't have any cards in his hard. Do you just not attack with that type of attack? Or attack and get a power coin to satisfy the claim? How does that work?

Edited by Kjun, 16 October 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

1. No. You can have your whole deck in your hand.
  2. If the game state makes it so claim cannot be fulfilled (opponent has not enough characters/cards in hand/powers on the house), you do as much as possible. You do not get extra power for that (though you still get power for an unopposed challenge if applicable). Usually, you will make these challenges for other effects that depend on your winning a challenge, such as renown.

#3 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

2. If I were to attack lets say green based challenge and my opponent loses the challenge, but doesn't have any cards in his hard. Do you just not attack with that type of attack? Or attack and get a power coin to satisfy the claim? How does that work?

Is this a strategy question or a rules question?

There is no rule prohibiting you from attacking a player with an Intrigue (green) challenge if they have no cards in hand.

If you win the challenge you will attempt to discard cards from their hand, but no cards will be successfully discarded. You will gain unopposed power as normal.

Why, strategically, might you decide to attack if they have no cards in hand? In the event you feel likely you could get the unopposed power.

Hope that answers the question.

Edited by mdc273, 17 October 2013 - 10:15 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS