• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

http://www.fantasyfl...eidm=175&esem=4

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#2 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wonder how Trench Run works in 2v2, if both light side players are running the card, and both have their copy enhancing the Death Star dial.
"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#3 PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Light side card effects cannot change the win condition of 5 objectives in 2v2, so Trench Run doesn't provide a win condition.

#4 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

That's what I get for skimming the file. I caught the similar clause in the rules for Jerjerrod's Task, but apparently not for the 2v2 rules.
"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#5 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

I feel like they should have increased the damage threshold on Trench Run in multiplayer rather than just kill it.

• SirKhan and KennedyHawk like this

#6 PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Maybe, but this plays safe and future proofs the rules against other potential stuff as well.

#7 Nosilloc

Nosilloc

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

I wish they would have put the question about target strike and the Executer in there...

#8 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

I feel like they should have increased the damage threshold on Trench Run in multiplayer rather than just kill it.

It'd have to be pretty high, especially if both light side players could attack it in the same turn.

Maybe just errata it so you place damage on the enhancement, and it can only be damaged by the player who played it. Or since it would be a shared enemey objective it could still only be attacked once on your "teams" turn.

I don't know, kind of lame to eliminate an already under used card set from a fun new match types.

#9 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Trench Run itself may be underused, but its set definitely isn't.

#10 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Given the card's name, I suppose it'd also be weird for Trench Run to work against the second Death Star.  ^_^

• GroggyGolem and Caal-FR like this
– Beethoven

#11 Caal-FR

Caal-FR

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

MarthWMaster's answer owns everyone else's :-)

#12 shaggscoob

shaggscoob

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Trench Run itself may be underused, but its set definitely isn't.

Yes it is. I haven't seen mobilization used in ages.

#13 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Weird, around here it's still an auto-include in mono-Rebel decks and a frequent splash in Smuggler vehicle builds.

#14 shaggscoob

shaggscoob

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Weird, around here it's still an auto-include in mono-Rebel decks and a frequent splash in Smuggler vehicle builds.

huh, besides rebel assault, it's really sub par. I'm wondering what the draw is?

#15 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Mainly the 2-resource objective that fully refreshes every turn.

#16 shaggscoob

shaggscoob

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, that's not bad, I just prefer defense of yavin or rebel fleet, I guess. Although, we tend to only see rebel vehicle decks around here.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS