• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

the forum seems a little quiet at the moment so i thought we could all have a speculate..

i know there has been similar threads to these, but in this one i would really like to know your 10 things that you want to see in this game before it dies (may the day never come.... ;) )

by this i mean anything that were it not developed by the time the game ends, you would feel very dissapointed

here are my 10. they can be in order or not. these are random

1. shire/bree cycle. i have wanted this from the start. i am part way there with black riders but i need more to feed my shire fix

2.old forest/barrow downs quest. probably will be in number 1. i would much rather they not be POD quests but those beautiful shiny cards....yummy

3.durthang (castle in mordor for those not well versed on the book) quest. that place has always fascinated me as there is barely any text on it. it would be nice to have a look round it

4.another dwarven cycle. ...i know....i admit it, i am a dwarven addict. i cannot help but love them haha. i know many wish to never see their beards again, but i feel there is room for a ered luin cycle, or an erebor cycle. heroes perhaps would be scarce but its going to happen at some point

5.not so quest-y quests. quests that are more light hearted in that they involve no peril. for LOTRO players im thinking of the festival quests. for those who havnt played lotro they are sort of quests where you look for things, rescue hobbits from hilarious situations, throw pies at people....ok..that last one would make a stupid quest, but i think some sort of light quest based around an errand in the shire would be good

6. cavalry charge mechanics. if it will be anywhere it will be the next cycle. i want some sort of charge mechanic that can kill multiple enemies engaged with you but comes at great cost.

7. 'building' sub cards. we have allies, attatchments and events but id also llike to see 'architecture' cards or something similar. they could function similar to enemy buildings in siege mode, by having hit points and lowering the threat in the staging area or something

8. art book. there was a thread recently but it has been asked for since only a few months after the game's release. the art is amazing- lets celebrate it.

9. other merchendice - who wouldnt want their morning cofffee out of a lotr lcg mug on a lotr lcg mug mat?

10. promise of more.....a rather strange one to end with, however before the designers end this game for good, i really want at least some sort of teaser of a 'spin off' game or something. i mean lets hope it doesnt end for a long time, but when it does id like to see a similar game with solo aspects that we can all get our lotr fix out of

rich

• Nickpes and Dwarf king Bronze beard like this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#2 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

1. Battle of Lorien 

2. Batlle of Dale

3. Batlle of Dol Guldur

4. Battle of Mirkwood

preferably in a one cycle ;)

5. Galadriela hero

6. Old Forest/Barrows Down quest. 

7. lotr mat, and big map with mark all release quests - can be mat-map ;) 

for now I have only 7 ;)

#3 Djenni

Djenni

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

there's just so much i'd like to see in this game, this is tough. But i guess my list would go something like this in no particular order:

1. Galadriel Hero.

2. Barrow Downs/Old forest quests.

3. Iron Hills dwarf Deluxe expansion would be really cool.

4. Siege of Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep in a LOTR saga expansion.

5. Some Harad quests that take place south of Gondor in the desert.

6. White Council - Dol Guldur quests

7. More Noldor/Silvan cards

8. More quests and expansions/cycles that take place outside of the main focus points of the lotr books, you know so we can get to explore more locations and stuff that we didn't get to see in the movies or the books like Angmar or Gundabad for example.

9. Members of the fellowship as allies, so that in future saga expansions you can have the entire fellowship in play at the same time with only one or two players.

10. Uruk Hai enemies, i just can't wait to start slicing up some Uruk Hai at Amon Hen.

Edited by Djenni, 16 October 2013 - 08:11 AM.

Most likely the only Icelandic LOTR LCG gamer around these parts.

#4 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

8. consequences flowing from the AP to the next AP in  the cycle. for example, if on one AP will not kill the boss and he will flee (Time keyword from Voice On Isengard),  will return stronger in the next AP (if you do not kill him in the previous AP in the new you must shuffles  stronger card this boss  to ED).
Or in one AP you have to choose a Quest card (as in Passage Through Mirkwood quest card 3 ).  and  you must  start from  one quest card with two  in the following AP depending on what path you followed in the previous AP.
or if you not save someone (die some Ally-objective in one AP in the next AP removing his card from the ED.) something like that

#5 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

7. 'building' sub cards. we have allies, attatchments and events but id also llike to see 'architecture' cards or something similar. they could function similar to enemy buildings in siege mode, by having hit points and lowering the threat in the staging area or something

I like this. Creative thought!

"Not all those who wander are lost"

#6 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

cavalry charge mechanics. if it will be anywhere it will be the next cycle. i want some sort of charge mechanic that can kill multiple enemies engaged with you but comes at great cost.

I like this idea. this card does not have to have a high cost, just restriction -  for example - exhaust  X characters with attached  mount card - you can attack X enemies engaged with you. Attack adding these characters against each of these enemies.

#7 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

thanks for all the ideas....nice to see so many fresh thoughts on the game.

i particularly like hightened consequences. i see the designers going for a more narrative feel in the current cycle with the story inserts and of course campaign mode...and this i believe has been well recieved, not just from the 'theme-ys' like myself. this was something asked for early in the game anyways

i think going even further would be nice...but the trouble is more complex role play style mechanics means just that- it turns more into a role play. i love rp games but they arent for everyone i guess. perhaps this could be the idea for a sub game in ffg's future?

@Djenni - i love uruk hai......and oh yes, i see you're from iceland- i am particularly jealous you have Sigur Ros on your doorstep ;)

rich

Edited by richsabre, 16 October 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#8 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

Note spoiler! I admit that after the previews for  Against Shadow cycle in which Caleb Grace wrote that: "Taken together, the Adventure Packs tell a grand story full of intrigue ..." - When in  the AP Stewart's Fear turned out that the mastermind of the nameless cabal managed to escape the city before his true identity was revealed, I start  speculated that  the mastermind of cabal is the Lord Alcaron who succumbed to the temptation to the enemy. when we meet him in AP Encounter at Amon Din I believed that he commanded from hide enemy's attacks, and when  arrived the Heroes would not be discovered" helped "in defense of the villages. I believed that Lord Alcaron  special lead army of Gondor to the Morgul Vale in last AP right into the trap, and then, when he  have on his side  the Nazgul reveals his face, and comes against the heroes.

story turned out differently :P   but would be good if introduced by phrases such action - that  actions in the style RPG would be cool.

#9 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

noted- though i have to say that if i were to spoiler alert everything i say in a thread like this, either i couldnt say much at all, or every other word would be SPOILER ALERT!!

if i have spoiled anything i apologise

rich

Edited by richsabre, 16 October 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#10 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

A first age saga ... Ok maybe i am the only one on this but i would love it
  • danpoage likes this

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#11 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

noted- though i have to say that if i were to spoiler alert everything i say in a thread like this, either i couldnt say much at all, or every other word would be SPOILER ALERT!!

if i have spoiled anything i apologise

rich

You know better be careful ;)  - someone later write, "why did not you warn that this post contains a spoiler, I have not played yet in  this cycle and you've ruined everything. well as, I write two words and I have a clear conscience hehe  :P

#12 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

@13th caesar

wait a minute- i just want to check. was your 'note spoiler' in regards to my post or yours? im confused haha. i thought it was in regards to something i wrote so took it out

@nickpes- youre probably not the only one!

Edited by richsabre, 16 October 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#13 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

@13th caesar

wait a minute- i just want to check. was your 'note spoiler' in regards to my post or yours? im confused haha. i thought it was in regards to something i wrote so took it out

to mine. You know can not all have yet Against the Shadow cycle - and I betrayed the mastermind of cabal escape, and the Lord Alcaron  will return in Encounter at Amon Din  :P aha this is SPOILER too  :P but its too late - so I apologise  :D

Edited by 13thcaesar, 16 October 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#14 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

i know there has been similar threads to these, but in this one i would really like to know your 10 things that you want to see in this game before it dies (may the day never come.... ;) )

by this i mean anything that were it not developed by the time the game ends, you would feel very dissapointed

proper translation

Edited by leptokurt, 16 October 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#15 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

proper translation

yes i know my english is terrible

#16 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

1 - Barrow-downs/Old Forest.  I think I'm not the only one who wants this. People were dissapointed not to see it in BR, but a couple AP's about this in a future cycle should do.

2 - The East (Harad, Rhun, etc). A full cycle set in this area would be awesome.

3 - Blue Wizards. I do believe we'll eventually see them.

4 - "Choose your own adventure" type quests. Similar to those books, there's a first stage that you must complete, and then you can choose the next one according to the strengths of your own deck "Do you want to follow X's advide and hide from the enemy (go to stage 2a), or will you take the enemy head-on (go to stage 3a)?" or something like that. One could be a battle quest while the other can be a sneaky quest, and story-wise you can take completely different routes but still reach the final quest stage. Much like FoS, but not randomized.

5 - More dwarven stuff, like new locations such as the Blue Mountains or the Iron Hills, dwarven rings of power, etc

I'll add more as they come to mind.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#17 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

1. Full Silmarillion content (What would a hero Turin be like?)
  2. More Noldor / Silvan
  3. More Dunedain
  4. Ents and Huorns
  5. Simple quests that feature deep gameplay (fewer complicated rules like multiple encounter decks and comparing first letters of card names)
  6. Quests in lesser-known parts of Middle-Earth:  Umbar, Fornost, the far east, etc.
  7. More lesser-known heroes from the books or brand new.  I like the idea of "ordinary folk" standing with the big names from the ring era.

• danpoage likes this

#18 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

IMO the problem is that none of the characters already in game (ok, let apart Elrond,Glorfindel, Gandalf and maybe Gildor since the birth date of him is supposed in first age but uknown) were not there in first age, thus for a proper game there should be too many heroes introduced.

But there are so many to choose ... and most of them with history filled with drama, pain and dispair  ... and offcourse Fingolfin the true hero of middle earth  :wub:

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#19 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

1. Simple quests that feature deep gameplay (fewer complicated rules like multiple encounter decks and comparing first letters of card names)

Excellent point!

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#20 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

1 - Barrow-downs/Old Forest.  I think I'm not the only one who wants this. People were dissapointed not to see it in BR, but a couple AP's about this in a future cycle should do.

Yes, I think that everyone was disappointed to skip this topic in the Black Riders expansion. Skip it in the movie, but our favorite game is based on the book so I expected that we will have a quest associated with the thread.

I hope that we will be able to visit these sites in the future.

• richsabre likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS