Ramming Speed!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't recall if this is mentioned in the rulebook (it's been left at home, and I need to make a ruling for my PbP game online), so I was wondering if someone on here could help me.

Essentially, I need to know what rolls/Maneuvers/Actions are required in order for a PC to pilot a planetary vehicle into an enemy force. In this instance, it's a cargo hauler (at Speed 0, presently), and the enemy is some unfortunate Baktoid droids.

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#2 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Speed 0 = stationary.

So first accelerate, or punch it to achieve maximum speed at once, then fly/drive, and I'd argue a pilot check opposed by athletics or coordination to hit a moving target (you could go for silhouette based difficulty as per vehicle combat too). As for damage? Minions are out, I mean being hit by a large vehicle will do that to you. I'd think a critical, as per collision rules, adjusted by vehicle silhouette. There are something on collisions in the eote core book at least.

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#3 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the response. :)

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."

#4 Diggles

Diggles

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well for sure table 7-3: Speed advantage difficulty should figure in somehow.  I know this game isnt keen on opposing rolls, but pilot skill for sure should play a roll

#5 beeble530

beeble530

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Collisions are covered page 242 of the Core Rulebook: auto-critical less 10 or 5 x defense. They only discuss how to apply damage, not how to ram though.

I like the idea of simply hand waving the death of a minion on a successful check, and adding more minion hits based on the number of advantages. Simply call it an Average Pilot check with boost dice added for speed or size or whatever and go from there.

If they try to use it against a Rival or Nemesis, I would roll Pilot vs. Coordination and do the same auto-critical deal if it hits.

#6 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback folks! :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS