Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

It's up guys.

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4418

#2 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Pentoshi coming off makes baby Jesus cry.

#3 sWhiteboy

sWhiteboy

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Baby Jesus will have his day.  Oh yes....he will.

#4 sWhiteboy

sWhiteboy

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

p.s. It's called Christmas.

• mdc273 likes this

#5 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

This is a very, very good FAQ update. I'm very happy with the "housekeeping" updates they made.

#6 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Nice to see some things come OFF of the restricted list. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#7 NedStark

NedStark

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Is the FAQ a separate pdf? The FAQ links to a page only and I don't see the FAQ. I only found the updated tournament rules.

#8 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, the FAQ is a seperate PDF, accessible or from the support page, or by clicking on the thumbnail in that article (the one on the left). The actual link to the FAQ in the article text is broken.

Edited by -Istaril, 14 October 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#9 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Thank you so much for giving us No Quarter back! Stark needed the help imo. Pentoshi off the list is going to be punishing, how many others are out there building new Lanni decks right now? Overall a good FAQ though, the flavor text change is nice too so the designers don't have to look at every card for the Seasons words in flavor text and wonder how it could be abused.

#10 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

I wonder why they took Aegon's Hill off, though.

#11 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

I'd like to think that all the Locations that got restricted were short-term answers to HoD, anything that you could throw in a vanilla build with no planned Agenda went on the list. It was good for a bit, prevented sloppy deck building, but now that HoD isn't as popular the designers took Bear Island and Aegons Hill off to encourage more variety in builds.

#12 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

I never understood Bear Island's restriction either. I mean, it has a huge deckbuilding constraint (no neutral or out-of-house cards that stay on the table), it's useless in mirror matches and doesn't go through attachments.

#13 HoyaLawya

HoyaLawya

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

As Skowza said, the unique locations being placed on the restricted list in the first place were reactions against potential HoD builds that people were afraid of but never saw tournament play. I doubt they will see much play at worlds now that they are off.

#14 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

This is probably true for Bear Island (which already saw no tournament play around here before its restriction), but I'm not so sure about Aegon's Hill (which did see some tournament play before its restriction).

#15 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Didn't Zeiler or someone win an early regional in 2012 with a Stark Knights kill deck that ran BI?

#16 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Didn't Zeiler or someone win an early regional in 2012 with a Stark Knights kill deck that ran BI?

Yes, he did.  It was a tournament a few weeks before regional season started, though.

#17 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

The environment is really completely different on each side of the Atlantic. On our side, no one made top with Bear Island and hardly anyone plays it in tournaments.

#18 HoyaLawya

HoyaLawya

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

The environment is really completely different on each side of the Atlantic. On our side, no one made top with Bear Island and hardly anyone plays it in tournaments.

Bear Island is rarely played on this side of the Atlantic too. I think only midwestern metas play the card.

Anyone know when we will see the Kingsguard pack that will be legal? Not that I'm able to make it this year.

#19 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Maybe this weekend.

#20 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Bear Island is rarely played on this side of the Atlantic too. I think only midwestern metas play the card.

Anyone know when we will see the Kingsguard pack that will be legal? Not that I'm able to make it this year.

Based on the date FFG upgraded it to bring off the boat, my local store should have it next Wednesday (10/23)
"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS