• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dpbohr

dpbohr

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hello All,

I just got the game, and have only played two games so far, but my friend and I are in need of some clarifications on a few rules.  I have searched the forum and didn't see anything that specifically address my questions, so if I did miss them I am sorry for asking again.  So her I go:

1st Question: 
On page 14 of the rule book, under Advancing a card, it states "For one click and one credit, the Corporation adds one advancement token to an installed card.  Agendas can always be advanced while installed."  My question is does that mean, for instance, if I have not used any of my clicks, I could install an agenda and advance it using 1 click and one credit and then advance it two more times using my 2 remaining clicks and 2 credits?

2nd Question:
With regards to Crypsis:  1) Is adding strength only applicable during that turn as per the rule under pg 16 "increasing an icebreakers strength"? and 2) Are the virus counters a per turn ability as well?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dane

#2 frybender

frybender

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

1: no, installing costs a click so if you just installed an agenda the best you can do is advanced it twice during that turn

2: Adding strength to Crypsis applies only while encountering a piece of ICE. Once you're done with that ICE the strength goes back down to 0. There are certain icebreakers whose strength carries over for the duration of the run. If that is the case it will say so on the icebreaker. Also yes in order to put a virus counter on Crypsis you must spend a click

• dpbohr likes this

#3 dpbohr

dpbohr

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Ok, Cool!  Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated!  Don't mind me if we start asking more questions.

#4 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

'Turn' has specific meaning, and means all of your turn, four clicks, beginning to end (or of corp, your mandatory draw and three clicks). Putting a Virus counter on Crypsis will cost you a click, but the virus counter is not lost until either you remove it (because you used Crypsis to break at least one subroutine during an encounter) or the Corp purges virus counters. If you still have virus counters on Crypsis at the end of your turn, they stay there.

As Frybender has pointed out, Strength-boosting lasts for a single piece of ICE unless stated otherwise - not a turn, not even the duration of a click. So if you boost Crypsis to break a Wall of Static, then encounter an Enigma, Crypsis meets Enigma with Strength 0, forcing you to spend to raise his Strength again if you want to use him to break the Enigma. Crypsis' dependency on virus counters, and constanly resetting to 0, makes him more expensive than say, Gordian Blade, but Crypsis is more versatile has he can break ALL ICE he ecounters (provided you have enough cash/virus counters).

The lins in the rulebook saying 'Agendas can always be advanced while installed' means that AS LONG AS an agenda is installed, you can take an advancement action. It DOESN'T mean that you can take an advancement action AS PART OF an install action.

Edit: I'm sorry, that probably reads as overly lecture-y. Welcome to Netrunner, I hope you enjoy :)

Edited by CommissarFeesh, 14 October 2013 - 10:35 AM.

• dpbohr likes this

#5 dpbohr

dpbohr

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Ok, in light of what Commissar stated about the virus counters, a follow up question.  Do the Virus counters go on Crypsis or on the ICE?

#6 dpbohr

dpbohr

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

WIth regards to:
Edit: I'm sorry, that probably reads as overly lecture-y. Welcome to Netrunner, I hope you enjoy :)

Not at all overly Lecture-y.  Point is clear an concise in my opinion.  

And thanks for the Welcome!  Loving the game!

#7 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Ok, in light of what Commissar stated about the virus counters, a follow up question.  Do the Virus counters go on Crypsis or on the ICE?

The virus counter goes on Crypsis.

#8 dpbohr

dpbohr

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

The virus counter goes on Crypsis.

Thank You!

#9 Tangent

Tangent

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

When the corporation purges virus counters, I assume this means that every single virus counter, on every single card in play for both the runner and the corp, are removed from those cards.  Correct?

Also, is there an FAQ or errata for Netrunner anywhere?

#10 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Correct, every single virus counter in the system is purges at once.

The official FAQ/errata can be found in the netrunner support section. I'd provide a direct link, but the site seems to be down right now.

#11 Tangent

Tangent

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Gotcha, thanks!

#12 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

When the corporation purges virus counters, I assume this means that every single virus counter, on every single card in play for both the runner and the corp, are removed from those cards.  Correct?

Also, is there an FAQ or errata for Netrunner anywhere?

Feesh's response is correct, but I wanted to clarify that at the moment, there is nothing that puts a virus counter on a Corp card.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS