Seems Broken: Han Solo and Luke Skywalker in the Falcon

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

FWIW, I (and I'm not alone in this) don't think the Falcon balances well below 100 points.  The best way to deal with it is volume of fire, and at lower points the opponent just hasn't got enough guns to overwhelm it before the lopsided attrition kicks in.

#22 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

Lest you get really lucky - A turtling Soontir Fel can deal with it - but not consistantly

#23 quasistellar

quasistellar

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

The combo is more about insurance than actual firepower.  It's a damn near guarantee that your target will take damage every round.  The problem is that they won't necessarily take a LOT of damage, because you've invested 50+ points into 3 attack dice.  Another problem is that while that 50+ points has a lot of hull and shields, it only has 1 defence die to mitigate damage, so essentually you will take damage every round (and a lot of damage at that vs some lists).  B-wings and bombers crush the falcon in my experience so far.

#24 OldScribe2000

OldScribe2000

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

The way things ended was all three of his TIES were smoked, and I had lost all my shields (but no hull points).

#25 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

If I were playing 75 pts vs Han alone, I'd have 2 Firesprays on the table, one with HLC and Merc Co-Pilot, the other a 'naked' Firespray.

Stand off and blast away. Han has 3/4 dice vs my 7/8 Han has 13 HP vs my 20. Han has 1 AGI, I have 2. This is a very bad match up for Mr Han.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#26 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

English is right on there.  Firesprays wreck falcon builds.

8 Tie Fighter's, 2 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Interceptor's, 4 Royal Guard Tie Interceptor's, 2 Firespray 31's, 2 Shuttle's, 5 Tie Bomber's, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

7 X-Wing's, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 A-Wing's, 2 YT-1300's, 4 B-Wing's, 3 Hawk 290's, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Corellian Corvette

and counting......

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS